Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And this is still after cleaning that stuff out three times.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And you posted a minute too late, as I already updated my post :stick_out_tongue:

Vincent L

Reaction score
So I FINALLY got the new interface. I actually like it better. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's another complaint I have about the new homepage: once again, they did away with notifications, such as PMs, comments, shared videos, etc, so you really have no way of knowing you have any new messages, unless you just happen to click your inbox and find new messages waiting for you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I retract half of my previous post: you still get notifications for PMs, but not for comments, replies, shared videos, etc, so yeah.

But anyway, so far, the new layout is definitely hurting me, so far the stats of today's new entry are rather pathetic: only 12 views and 2 comments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... this is, perhaps, one of THE most STUPID things YouTube has EVER done to date:

We can't login with our actual usernames anymore.

Seriously. The only way you can login is if you do so with whatever e-mail address is associated with the Google Account they forced you to register to continue even using YT...

This sucks for me, because I didn't want to be forced into registering Google Accounts (I held out as long as I could) because I wasn't even going to use one, so I don't even remember which addresses I used for either of my YT channels, because I just used two randomass addresses I rarely use to avoid having my main inbox bombarded with Google propaganda.

It's not going to be easy to get used to this.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
:/

Thats been like that for a while because two completely different people can have the same username for a different service. I claimed my username for both gmail and youtube, (using different emails for some reason), once I made the username on gmail that was identical to my youtube username, it blocked me from sighing in with just my username and forced me to use my email address...

and I don't even use that gmail account XD

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thats been like that for a while
Well, then this must be a case like with that RedPandaGamer guy in his recent video rant (on the previous page), this is an update that was late getting to me, because up until this afternoon, I've been able to login to both of my channels with their respective usernames just fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well-well-well, it would appear YT has actually fixed one of the biggest problems/complaints with the new homepage: it appears when you click "My subscriptions", and "uploads only", now it stays that way, even if you navigate off the page, and come back later.

That's one perk.