DreamWorks' Answer to Flintstones?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wanna hear the worst part? They want to make it a massive franchise and are planning a cartoon series and all this merchandise. Something tells me that if I want Peabody and Sherman stuff, I have to eat Happy Meals.

But really, such confidence in such a stupid premise to have that big of plans for them. It seems like they want a piece of the Cars pie and came up with their own little spiritual knockoff that's just original enough to not technically be a knockoff. And they're back to their every celebrity under the sun roots too. And yet, I'll probably wind up seeing it and liking it somehow.

robodog

Reaction score
That's just terrible. I think I prefer talking cars to an anthropomorphic snail. While I'm not a huge fan of Cars, the movies do sort of appeal to the side of me that likes robot/living machine stories. But the Cars characters are too over anthropomorphised for me to really get into the movies. The only people I can see getting into this Turbo thing are very small children and bug furries.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's just terrible. I think I prefer talking cars to an anthropomorphic snail.

Wanna know the worst part? The idea of a racing Snail (or rather Centipede with a Snail as a trainer) was an Aesop and Son cartoon from Rocky and Bullwinkle. Seems like yet another plastic "follow your dreams because you can be anything, especially things that are completely and utterly illogical" moral that they shove into kid's films.

robodog

Reaction score
I don't remember that particular episode but I'm guessing Rocky and Bullwinkle probably did it better than Turbo will.