Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I'd love to have an HD quality screenshot of the finale when this comes out; it'll make a gorgeous desktop background.
Same here, Does blu-ray have a zoom in effect on it? I'd just love to go find the SNL Land of Gorch Muppets in the crowd at the end. I think Ploopis, Scred, Pluda, Wiss and Vash are in it but not Mighty Favog. Perhaps we went with The Beatles since I think he said in one episode he knew them very well. lol

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
WHOOPIE!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!! I hope there's going to be a Disney Intermission like they did with The Muppets and A Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray releases. I hope there's newly-created Muppet footage exclusive to the Blu-ray release, as well as never-before-seen behind the scenes videos and outtakes.
OH BOY!! I'M GOING TO BLOW UP INTO PIECES!! :excited::smile::excited::smile:
*Literally blows up into pieces*

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
:big_grin: My eyes widened when I saw the message "Muppet Movie coming to Blu-ray" in my inbox, and further when I began watching the trailer. The picture quality is so sharp and colorful! I don't think the movie's ever looked this good. I can't wait to get this!!!

muppetlover123

Reaction score
I doubt it. They wouldn't have filmed the puppeteers so I doubt that exists.

well i mean like some dvd players they have it where u can zoom out and see the puppeteers head a little bit and the sleves of the puppets

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
well i mean like some dvd players they have it where u can zoom out and see the puppeteers head a little bit and the sleves of the puppets
That's the picture outside the "safe zone" area which is often cropped by many TV's. Hence the reason you'll see the full picture when viewing on a computer and not always when viewing on a television.

If matte removal cropping has been used (and not full 16:9 widescreen) then you'll see more of the puppeteers as well, like in this mock-up Jamie did back in 2002.

Status
Not open for further replies.