When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, you get off lucky, most of the time, it seems like the northeast and Pacific Northwest coastal areas are rarely affected by strange and unusual weather patterns, but the rest of us usually are... I know the midwestern plains tend to have it the worst, but the southeast is in a close second. So you had a snowstorm in October last year? We didn't get any snow last year, which was a first that I can remember: we had like three different occasions of light flurries, and that was it. Then of course, we had another early spring this year, and it was kind of like what the cover of one of the latest issues of National Geographic said: "Summer in March", it was a REALLY warm and early spring this year. Again, I really can't complain much about this past summer for once, because it was rather pleasant and tolerable (and very precipitous), as opposed to the day-in/day-out 105-110-115 degree heat we're accustomed to seeing for three months straight.

I forget what was the cause of the mild winter last year, but this year, apparently it's a combination of a weak El Nino around the equator, above average sea temperatures in the northern Pacific, and a jet stream that's become trapped up in Canada.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forget what was the cause of the mild winter last year, but this year, apparently it's a combination of a weak El Nino around the equator, above average sea temperatures in the northern Pacific, and a jet stream that's become trapped up in Canada.
2 years ago, that same jetstream and El Nino kept giving us Snowstorm after snowstorm. It was terrible. And all because it was blocked by high pressure in Greenland. Everywhere else got nice warm weather, we kept getting blockbusters on top of blockbusters. But that's the way it is in the North East. The only thing that would be good about hard freezes and snowfall is that it makes maple syrup supposedly taste better and more plentiful...

except that it's impossible to find, expensive, and they basically only sell it in Vermont and Maine, and I'm pretty sure that what most people put on their pancakes is sugar syrup (mostly corn syrup syrup) that vaguely tastes like Maple.

Other than that, all the snow does is melt and refreeze and make pot holes to trip over.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Would it make you feel better...or at least make you laugh... if I told you that my mom is one of those people who believe in the conspiracy theory that the government is controlling the weather? :stick_out_tongue:
Ah, but they are -- the ones in the pocket of big oil/gas companies/Third World raping companies, anyway. By turning a blind eye to the results while stuffing their campaign coffers (and who knows what-all under the table), members of govt in many countries are indeed shaping the weather for everyone.

Pleasant thought, no?
-------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, but they are -- the ones in the pocket of big oil/gas companies/Third World raping companies, anyway. By turning a blind eye to the results while stuffing their campaign coffers (and who knows what-all under the table), members of govt in many countries are indeed shaping the weather for everyone.
On that subject, my rant can be summed up in 4 words...

John Boener is a ******.

4 more words... John Boener is a Moai Head looking super ******. That is all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't raise my kid to be that selfish, spoiled, and manipulative. Petulant kids behave better than him.

Not to mention Oldage Mutant Nitwit Turtle Mitch McConnel.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I usually don't complain, but this is something that is really getting on my nerves. There are two types of people in this world that I really have a tough time tolerating: liars and rude people. There's this young, fellow puppeteer (he's just a beginner, which is quite evident by his performance, but that's beside the point).

This guy, who's clearly only about 12 or 13 years old claims to be 30, and also claims to work as a puppeteer at the Muppet Studios (despite the fact that he's far from a professional puppeteer, and that he's not even able to legally have a job right now). And he has photos of himself and Kermit the Frog at the Whatnot Shop on his Facebook. These photos are clearly photoshopped (besides the fact that it's really not hard to tell due to the fuzziness of photo outlines, he has several of these where he uses the very same photo of himself). However, from what I'm told he claims that these photos are real.

He's made other Muppet-related claims that I can't confirm (but because he's already told some lies, I am pretty suspicious about them). He's also been rather rude to other young puppeteers, including me. He also seems to be kissing up to young puppeteers that are well-known (or decently well-known), rarely giving a darn about the work that the not as well-known puppeteers have done.

Okay, I may sound like I hate this guy. But in all honesty, I really don't. Yes, I have trouble tolerating him. I actually do think that he's has potential as a performer (though he still has quite a long way to go). I just wish that he would mature. One of the things that I try to remind young puppeteers is that the art of puppetry needs to be preserved. Puppeteers have always lived for their audiences, and have always had the goal of entertaining people. I honestly don't think that somebody can get very far with a lousy attitude, but maybe that's just because I haven't really been that far into "the real world" yet.