Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/tv-alert-elmo-on-michael-bublés-home-for-the-holidays-christmas-special-monday-december-10.53457/#post-989703

Looks like we will see "new Elmo" sooner then we thought guys. I must admit I'm very interested in seeing how this goes.
Yeah, that's why I suggested that Kevin may have already chosen a replacement.

That is unless they'll be using an old recording of a song Kevin did some time ago. But that's only a possibility. We'll just have to wait and see.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah thats what i was thinking but still its not like Elmos going to come out silent its not like him and it would be awkward so maybe they are going to have a preformer... idk

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
yeah thats what i was thinking but still its not like Elmos going to come out silent its not like him and it would be awkward so maybe they are going to have a preformer... idk
Yeah, I too highly doubt Elmo will be silent. We'll just have to patiently wait for 10th to come around, and see what happens.

inturnaround

Reaction score
Besides that, people are only caring about the voice. The performers are puppeteers, not voice actors. Voice is only about 10% of the performances.
While it's true that the voice is a small part of the performance, it still matters a great deal. People do identify with that voice. Dialogue is important. Otherwise, we'd have a lot more silent Muppet performances than we do.

I think Frank says 10% in a slight bit of hyperbole to counteract the prevailing idea that the performance is mostly voice. And I think they sometimes think that because they forget that the puppet isn't alive.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Phew, okay. We'll be waiting a little bit longer then.
Yeah. I've heard about that too, but I have been thinking that Elmo will probably show up in live appearances on talk shows or whatever, since I know they often do that when they promote the new season of SS. Plus there's always the Macy's parade. I don't know how many times they can do a prerecording of Kevin's Elmo. I doubt Elmo will be silent or absent in live appearances, so I'm guessing it should be sometime in 2013 before the premiere of the new season of SS that we'll probably hear a new Elmo even if it is still Kevin's Elmo heard on the show. Just my opinion on this.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Yeah. I've heard about that too, but I have been thinking that Elmo will probably show up in live appearances on talk shows or whatever, since I know they often do that when they promote the new season of SS. Plus there's always the Macy's parade. I don't know how many times they can do a prerecording of Kevin's Elmo. I doubt Elmo will be silent or absent in live appearances, so I'm guessing it should be sometime in 2013 before the premiere of the new season of SS that we'll probably hear a new Elmo even if it is still Kevin's Elmo heard on the show. Just my opinion on this.
I hope I can hear the new voice of Elmo anytime soon before Season 44 airs on television.

Status
Not open for further replies.