Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal31

Reaction score
Is there even a point to this anymore? Two things to kill any friendship are politics and religion, neither really seem to have anything to do with Kevin Clash's situation...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
And even as a diehard LGBTQ supporters, I wince at both straight and gay people engaging in dangerous casual behavior, if both parties are seeking eachother out and consentual I see nothing wrong.

My only issue is yes, I do feel it's a little...off... to meet underage people and talk of holding off sex til the person is of age especially given an age difference. "Elmo loves you...but not in that way til you're 18". These "kids" tho, were older teens who appeared to lie about their age, and even by their own admission were treated kindly by Mr Clash and actual sex was waited on. It pains me to live in a reality where this situation has to be known or discussed, I guess ignorance is bliss. I don't want to see discussions of a very personal and embarrassing topic regarding one of our heroes but I think it's important in that he hopefully weathers the storm and can come back to his passion of performing in some form.

Agreed!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I know that this has been a huge blow for everyone, and that this year has been a tuff one for Muppet Fans. Thats why over in the Family and friends section I'm throwing a Christmas party.
I think we need to step away from all of this for a little bit, and just be silly!
So bring yourselfs your sillyness and your furitcakes and have some fun

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...et-central-christmas-party.53390/#post-987734

Oh and watch out for that icy patch!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I just realized while decorating my tree today next time I'm at Carlton Cards I should pick up this year's talking'singing/whatever it does Elmo ornament. For all we know it could be the last one to have Kevin's voice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now Kevin's scandal has been featured in an article in this week's issue of People magazine.

While the article seems a little ambiguous, and doesn't really side with either the accusers, or Kevin, but I AM glad that at least we finally have a few words from some of Kevin's colleagues, regarding this situation.

According to the article, Marty Robinson says, "Kevin is one of the most creative, wonderful, most prepared people I've ever had the pleasure to work with."

Likewise, Fran Brill says, "I have serious questions about these allegations. Kevin has been brilliant, funny, caring, and completely consumed with maintaining the excellence of Sesame Street."

Of course, unfortunately, the accusers are upping their ante as well; Shelbum is says that him being a liar and an extortionist is a big misconception, meanwhile, DLLAL (who now claims to be a criminal psychology major) says Kevin needs to be thrown in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.