Should Sesame Street continue?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm right there with you. We run these wonderful shows into the ground until they're shadows of their former selves. It's become your typical "talk down to kids" program. I doubt it will be cancelled because it is such an institution.
The show went through phases since the 90's. That's only due to the constant changing of children's television and SS unfortunately having to adapt. However, while I'm no big fan of the block format, it's a great deal better than what we had last decade that brought the pre-preschoolers in. JTE and Elmo's World are long gone, replaced with much better Super Grover 2.0 (but OH those reruns), Abby's Flying Fairy School (which gets better with every season), and Elmo the Musical (which is far superior on every level, and a whole 5 minutes shorter). And even that's not going to be as permanent as we think.

AS long as we never get "Come on, it's time to play" back ever again. That was Sesame Street's "Batman and Robin," or rather, for the TV show reference, those horrid episodes of Frasier where Jane Leeves was pregnant and they had to write all those horridly unfunny fat jokes about Daphne... ugh.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Well they are slowly getting a younger cast.. Allen Chirs Lena, and Gena... Who knows maybe Gabby and Millies will come back and become a bigger part of the cast.

I think Gabby and Gina are kind of cute(don't tell my wife)
HEY DWAYNE'S WIFE!! YOUR HUSBAND HAS THE HOTS FOR GABI & GINA FROM SESAME STREET!!!!:smirk:
I'm j/k Dwayne! :wink: And yeah..bringing in younger cast members is a smart idea on the show's part.Who knows? Possibly Gabi & Miles might come back!

Katzi428

Reaction score
The show went through phases since the 90's. That's only due to the constant changing of children's television and SS unfortunately having to adapt. However, while I'm no big fan of the block format, it's a great deal better than what we had last decade that brought the pre-preschoolers in. JTE and Elmo's World are long gone, replaced with much better Super Grover 2.0 (but OH those reruns), Abby's Flying Fairy School (which gets better with every season), and Elmo the Musical (which is far superior on every level, and a whole 5 minutes shorter). And even that's not going to be as permanent as we think.

AS long as we never get "Come on, it's time to play" back ever again. That was Sesame Street's "Batman and Robin," or rather, for the TV show reference, those horrid episodes of Frasier where Jane Leeves was pregnant and they had to write all those horridly unfunny fat jokes about Daphne... ugh.
Dr T. (and hating to sound like "When I was a kid " but I must)
When SS aired in the 70s there wasn't anything that aired from 20 minutes, then "coming up next" is Blah blah focusing on one character.....Everything was street stories then 5 minutes of say Ernie & Bert then something like "Today's Secret Drawing" then back to the street scene & a letter segment..are you following me here?.
It should be like that for kids today.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
HEY DWAYNE'S WIFE!! YOUR HUSBAND HAS THE HOTS FOR GABI & GINA FROM SESAME STREET!!!!:smirk:
I'm j/k Dwayne! :wink: And yeah..bringing in younger cast members is a smart idea on the show's part.Who knows? Possibly Gabi & Miles might come back!
Thank Frog my wife is not a member of this froum, well she is but she is never on here.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No I Had my eyes closed in fact I still do......

Hubert

Reaction score
*watches this whole thing pass*

*think So this is why it's good I'm not married think*