Disney buying Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I know is, I don't care if the movies are good or not, I'm just delighted to see the original characters on the covers of so many magazines lately! :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
..And the last of the respect I had for George flew right out the window.

"WAAAAAH!!! I wipe myself with hundred dollar bills! I can't suffer a tiny loss of money in the short run that would devalue my money in the long run! Atlas Shrugged! Atlas Shrugged!"

That's what I love about the election results. It showed what I've been saying all along. People with money are terrible freaking people.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
..And the last of the respect I had for George flew right out the window.

"WAAAAAH!!! I wipe myself with hundred dollar bills! I can't suffer a tiny loss of money in the short run that would devalue my money in the long run! Atlas Shrugged! Atlas Shrugged!"

That's what I love about the election results. It showed what I've been saying all along. People with money are terrible freaking people.
Hey, that's harsh. George Lucas is giving the wealth of this sale away to educational causes! I have no doubt the timing of the sale was due to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, but I don't think that's the reason. It was a smart choice by a brilliant businessman. I think everybody's a winner here.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, that's harsh. George Lucas is giving the wealth of this sale away to educational causes! I have no doubt the timing of the sale was due to the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, but I don't think that's the reason. It was a smart choice by a brilliant businessman. I think everybody's a winner here.
I hope that's the case. It's a rant for another place, but I am SICK to death of these companies run by silver spoon crooks that become petulant man-children at the thought of having to share the teensiest portion of their wealth with the rest of the country, EVEN if it means that they'll get it back in the long run. Stories of Hostess going out of business because the CEO's keep cutting the workers pay and benefits and giving themselves massive raises that completely ate up the savings, and Jerkwards like Poopoo John's Pizza's CEO refusing to give his workers health care and cutting jobs to pay for them, rather than raise the price of so called pizza 20 cents (which he'd do anyway, only it would be 2 bucks and he'd pocket the difference). It's such a bitter, cynic world that people who own companies whine about how capitalism is burning down when they're holding the match.

George Lucas we can all agree was a whizkid that became a fuddy duddy surrounded by yes men. I'd hate to think of him as yet another Robber Barron who should be visited by three ghosts on Christmas Eve.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
George Lucas we can all agree was a whizkid that became a fuddy duddy surrounded by yes men.
Even his whizkid status is a bit in question for me. More and more I suspect he had a lot of talented people around him back then who didn't get all the attention and glory. Directors get treated like gods when there's so many other people who contribute to the making of a film.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even his whizkid status is a bit in question for me. More and more I suspect he had a lot of talented people around him back then who didn't get all the attention and glory. Directors get treated like gods when there's so many other people who contribute to the making of a film.
The sad thing is, you can say that about any creative type that gets all the credit. Look at Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks. One's a household name and trusted brand of entertainment, the other name is only known to animation geeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.