Expressing Your Muppet Fandom

Hubert

Reaction score
This is something else I've been thinking about: Muppet fandom expression. Many of us have mentioned that we express our fandom to a large variety of people, yet we never really talk about how we do it, when we do it, how often we do it, etc. We just seem to take it as a fact of life that we do do it.

Personally, I'd like to find out about some members' personal fandom statements out there, whether it's wearing a Muppet shirt, talking to someone about it, or doing something downright bizarre to throw our fandom out there, and also to what level of extremity we do it to. And maybe the fan struggling with not hiding their fandoms can even find some good advice to help them out.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I'd show it by wearing Muppet shirts if I had any. :stick_out_tongue: Hopefully I'm gonna be taking care of that for Christmas though. I have a Kermit keychain on my keys. I'm a pretty low key fan though. That's not to say I'm ashamed of it just don't really have a lot of stuff to flaunt it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The extent of expressing my fandom is wearing my Animal shirt in public :stick_out_tongue:

It's the black shirt with Animal's head outlined in neon strips that glow in the dark

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
See? Sarge expresses way more then me. :stick_out_tongue: However I'm not one of these extreme fans who would dress like Kermit to show it. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That and my cookie monster pants, which were bought at the same time as my mountain dew pants.

Yes, I wear men's pajama pants. They are so much warmer and more comfortable than womens :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't even have Muppet pajamas. So your way more ahead then me. :embarrassed:

Hubert

Reaction score
Pinky has the problem that she doesn't have enough Muppet shirts, and I have the problem of having too many... :stick_out_tongue:

Seriously, I have like three Animal shirts that are the exact same design, with only a minor detail different (such as a different shade of coloring or a necklace added to him), and of course I had to buy it.

I should wear my Muppet shirts out in public more though...I seem to half the time only, by complete accident, where them when I'm not going anywhere. In fact, I'm heading out tomorrow morning, maybe I should see what kind of responses I get...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I generally don't get any response when I wear my Animal shirt

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
There's a hoodie on Amazon I am dying to get that says "I Love Muppets" on it. There's also a Kermit t-shirt I want as well. And I'm getting a custom Kermit & Piggy sweatshirt made as well. So I have clothes in the works I just haven't acted on any of them yet. :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
Wearing Muppet shirts, I have gotten some responses...not a ton, but a few good ones that were worthwhile. Most of them end up as a simple "cool shirt, I appreciate it," or "I like the Muppets," but it still isn't bad, I'll say.

On a different subject, for some reason it seems like the idea of a Muppet fandom intrigues people. For example, I used to notice that every time I started talking about my Muppet fandom in school, it spread like some sort of virus. People just randomly mentioned my fandom to their friends, and just by talking to one or two people, at least 20 people talked to me about it thereafter. For some reason, there's just this certain glimpse of nostalgia in the Muppets, from when you were little on SST, yet they still see the Muppets on TV appearances, where they still like them. For some reason the idea of a Muppet fandom seems to be so much more intriguing to people, not always in a good way (and sometimes in a mocking way), but still, it's interesting.