TV Alert: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center November 28

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'll be watching that one Friday at my parents house! Can't wait!! Last appearance probably for awhile because I'm sure their gonna be preparing to shoot the new movie I'm just gonna say it because it's practically Dec already NEXT MONTH!!! :smile:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
yeah i hope they do a live preformance at disney christmas parade

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I said the same thing. :smile: Even if they don't perform I can't imagine their not gonna make some kind of apperance given the Christmas parade is in Walt Disney World.

cjd874

Reaction score
Just watched the video that was posted in this thread...it was all right. More cons than pros for me.

First, I really think that the Muppets' vocals were prerecorded. Kermit's intro in the Rockefeller show is exactly the same as the one in the music video. If Steve were speaking live, he would have stopped while Cee Lo did his little shout-out. With prerecorded tape, the Muppeteers don't have the option of stopping mid-performance. They have to keep going, even if someone is talking over the prerecorded track. And that's why I dislike lip-synching to prerecorded tracks.

Second, I didn't care for Animal or Miss Piggy too much in this song. Animal wasn't his hyperactive self, and Miss Piggy seemed slightly reserved/restrained. If I'm hearing correctly, Animal is the one taking up Mahna Mahna's role. But Animal was basically statue-esque throughout. Plus, Miss Piggy didn't get in any smart remarks, which is the essence of her character. Pepe, Kermit & the Snowths were the only one that were fun to watch, in my opinion.

Third, Cee Lo's outfit...:stick_out_tongue: he looks like a giant tomato in that getup. Like the Fruit of the Loom commercials with the singing men in fruit costumes. LOL

I definitely prefer the Rockefeller appearance when Dr. Teeth & the EM sang "Run Run Rudolph." Also, the Jimmy Fallon appearance was funny, too. Those two are WAY better than this one.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Liked this! Cee-Lo's outfit again was pretty much a head-scratcher, but I think that's his style nowadays.

Hubert

Reaction score
Though I think the prerecording is due to lack of resources. Though live speaking can be done, I would assume that it would be much more demanding on the performers, especially ones like Eric, who would potentially have to throw lines for Fozzie and Piggy, in this instance.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Umm...they only have so much time to fit stuff in you know...the only thing like I said I didn't care for was them being in that sleigh. Just seemed too awkward.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't like that Kermit was kinda cut from the beginning of the song, you couldn't hear what he was saying. I don't think this was lyp-synced, becuase Cee's words were slightly different from the song and the video. Nothing beats live performances.

I don't understand who's in charge of Cee'Lo's wardrobe, he looks like he's trying to copy Elton John in some way but failed badly.