TV Alert: Frank Oz on The Colbert Report November 28

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"You don't change Citizen Kane from a sled to a snowcone machine" killed me

cjd874

Reaction score
This was very funny! Best part was Frank Oz's "WHAT?!"

I loved the "taking a bow" banter, the "pork, beans, & laundry" remarks, and how Frank phrased the main concept of puppeteering: "The voice is only 10 percent of it, the rest is 90 percent." Also: Frank's eyes seemed to be narrowing as Colbert mentioned Frank as the "VOICE" of all the Muppets. We all know how much Frank dislikes the voice talk and it seemed like he was going to berate Colbert or something.

PS I wonder what Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Sam the Eagle, Animal, and Cookie Monster would sound like now...he hasn't performed any of them for eight years...he probably still has it in him, since he still performs Grover and Bert on occasion.

Also, Colbert is apparently unaware of the fact that Frank already has a Muppet look-alike: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Frank

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, again, he seemed to emphasize "voice" as he kept listing off Frank's characters, that did seem rather intentional... still, I know how much Frank hates the voice stigma, so I kept wincing myself the more he kept saying "voice", because I knew Frank was going to say SOMETHING, lol.

After reading other posts, I think we can all agree that perhaps the crowning moment of funny from the interview was Frank's priceless, "WHAT?"

mupcollector1

Reaction score
There was some points where Frank would give this kind of stair. Totally straight face. Especially when Colbert did his imitation of Yoda, but at least Frank slimed a little bit mocking Colbert's Yoda hand signal whatever it was. I can't remember. I'm totally going to watch it again on my DVR tonight. I'm probably going to keep it on there as long as I can, I have it on non-automatic manual erase setting so it's sort of locked.

While waiting for Frank, I had to sit through all the jokes which I didn't find at all funny nor did I agree with their political satire points and subjects of redicule which some were quite personally offensive which I rather not discuss further on the forum. But basically, I'm just whining to myself "COME ON, BRING OUT FRANK ALREADY! I WANT TO SEE FRANK!" But it was worth the wait. :smile:

I have no idea if Frank watched Colbert's amateur puppet performance with The Muppet whatnot (the one were you can purchase online) saying goodnight. If he did, I'm guessing as soon as the cameras where off, he probably walked next to him, asked him to put his arm in the air and ask the camera man to film Colbert's Whatnot Muppet just to show him how Muppeteers really do it, and lip-sync, etc. or Frank wasn't there. Who knows. I just wonder what his reaction to that is.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Wait...this release of Little Shop of Horrors doesn't have the theatrical version on it anywhere?

I think Colbert was really annoying to Frank, he was asking some really stupid questions and you could tell that he was getting on Frank's nerve.

But overall, this interview was really funny. I'm glad Frank corrected him by saying not voices, but the performer is psychically Fozzie, or Yoda or whoever.