Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
As someone who has studied acting, an actor is definitely not a character his/she plays. They can use aspects of their personality to bring a character to life, but the result is an artifical creation, out of context with the actor's entire life. Plus there are always other factors, such as writers, production people, fans, even the time and place of a series.
Absolutely. My friend at work is a perfect example. He's the sweetest happiest guy I know and he does acting on the side in local plays, etc. and he has played some dark sinister characters, from mad men, etc.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Again, we have a President who routinely slaughters innocents and has in fact ordered the assassination of American teenagers overseas. Yet a lot of the country seems to love him.

We have a guy like Chris Brown who savagely beat mega pop star Rhianna, and his popularity is soaring and somehow she "forgave" him.

Drunk driving is only technically an accident. It's the person's choice to get messed up
and get behind a wheel. It's the exact same thing as training attack dogs to be vicious, letting them into a playground then saying "hey, it's not my fault".
Agree with the president and Chris Brown statements. See ,does Brown need to be forgiven? I don't understand what Rhianna's thinking. She's way too beautiful and talented to deal with that nonsense.

I have to disagree with the dog/Vick thing though. Vick again was not only knowingly training dogs to fight, pumping them with god knows what kind of drugs, etc. he was going against NFL violations by gambling, etc. so he was wrong on so many levels, yet the NFL hired him back. I'm sorry he should have received the same treatment as the dogs he hurt innocently.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I want to clarify that the said user talking about Sandusky was NOT comparing that case to this. We were simply talking about forgiveness issues, and she stated that she doesn't feel that Sandusky should be forgiven. No comparison involved.
Thank you, Hubert!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
She's way too beautiful and talented to deal with that nonsense.
She USED to be... now, she's just plain trash. And she keeps getting trashier and trashier with each new song, video, album, etc she puts out.

inturnaround

Reaction score
She USED to be... now, she's just plain trash. And she keeps getting trashier and trashier with each new song, video, album, etc she puts out.
Regardless of how she feels about Chris Brown or how you feel about her music and manner of dress (all red herrings here, cue Lew Zealand), she's his victim. There's powerful psychological things at play here and no one deserves abuse.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I want to clarify that the said user talking about Sandusky was NOT comparing that case to this. We were simply talking about forgiveness issues, and she stated that she doesn't feel that Sandusky should be forgiven. No comparison involved.
Ok, yes, thanks. It's just... I mean Michael Vick or Sandusky... what they did doesn't even seem in the same camp as this case.

inturnaround

Reaction score
Just because it doesn't rise to the level of other high-profile scandals (it wasn't violent, it wasn't dog murder) doesn't mean that what is being accused here isn't serious. It's a false comparison.

beaker

Reaction score
The frog?!! When did this go from a thread about the accusations against Kevin to another anti-Obama rant?

And speaking of which, the president has done none of those things, however, if Romney won, yeah, I could see that happening.
I can bring up Michael Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson, Obama, Michael Vick, R Kelly, Mel Gibson or any other American celebrity who has done wrong or been alleged to have done wrong whom the public came to forgive.

And yes, as much as I like a lot of things about President Obama he does/has/continues to do exactly what I said:
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...vilian-in-drone-wars?chromedomain=usnews&lite
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/abdulrahman-al-awlaki-death-10470891

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Sandusky. Again this is a guy who appears to have set up aspects of his charity in order to create a large database of potential victims. He kept databases on young pre teen boys and put checks and stars next to victims he was interested in or had his way with. He exhaustively spent a lot of money and time grooming them and then would brutally sexually assault them. He used his power and connections to keep everything hush hush. Just like countless Catholic priests were alleged to have.

Today one of Clash's lovers came out defending Clash, laying to bear the fact Clash always acted gentlemenly. And even as a diehard LGBTQ supporters, I wince at both straight and gay people engaging in dangerous casual behavior, if both parties are seeking eachother out and consentual I see nothing wrong.

My only issue is yes, I do feel it's a little...off... to meet underage people and talk of holding off sex til the person is of age especially given an age difference. "Elmo loves you...but not in that way til you're 18". These "kids" tho, were older teens who appeared to lie about their age, and even by their own admission were treated kindly by Mr Clash and actual sex was waited on. It pains me to live in a reality where this situation has to be known or discussed, I guess ignorance is bliss. I don't want to see discussions of a very personal and embarrassing topic regarding one of our heroes but I think it's important in that he hopefully weathers the storm and can come back to his passion of performing in some form.

Status
Not open for further replies.