TV Alert: The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center November 28

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday evening be sure to watch The Muppets on NBC's Christmas in Rockefeller Center beginning at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central.

Here is the Muppets memorable appearance from 2009...

If you saw the appearance, please "like" this message and let us know your thoughts.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The segment with C'Lo Green and the Muppets just aired. Yes, it was a performance of All I Need Is Love. It was enjoyable, but two things I have to say:
1 "Disney's" Muppets? Seriously Al? You know it's just "The Muppets".
2 Didn't like how the guy shouting out the different cities at the beginning blocked out Kermit's intro.

Other than that it's been an okay show.
Rully liked Tony Bennett's version of These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things and Trace Atkins' rendition of A Christmas Song. But my favorite Christmas song from these Rockefeller specials on NBC was Shaquira's performance of Santa Baby back in the 2008 edition when the Muppets were promoting the premiere of Letters To Santa.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this appearance. Didn't much like how Cee-Lo interrupted Kermit's intro but whatever. I was waiting for this appearance but now that it's over, I've flipped over to Charlie Brown. Don't much care for the rest of the Rockefeller show.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this appearance. Didn't much like how Cee-Lo interrupted Kermit's intro but whatever. I was waiting for this appearance but now that it's over, I've flipped over to Charlie Brown. Don't much care for the rest of the Rockefeller show.
Haha I just did the exact same thing!!! I'm glad they were on early I thought I was gonna have to watch the whole thing. :stick_out_tongue:

I have to say the same I didn't like that Kermit was interrupted. I also didn't care they were confined to a sleigh. But I didn't hate the performance. Piggy looked beautiful though! I thought the performance on GMA was better.

Hubert

Reaction score
Alrighty, being my usual observant self, I have a bunch of stuff to say. Also, excuse me if any of the stuff I'm mentioning appeared prior to this. I'm pretty much mentioning things here that I specifically noticed.

First off, I wanna echo muppetlover123. Was this live or pre-recorded? One of my weak points is trying to look at the factors of the appearance to determine this, I kinda assume that it was pre-recorded, but I can't say for sure?

Alrighty, next up, for the second night in a row, Fozzie continues to impress me with his little movements. Considering that Piggy was down below, I'm not entirely sure if Eric would have been up with Fozzie or down with Piggy, so I wonder who we can give this credit to.

Gonzo is still wearing that purple tux, despite the fact that the other Muppets are wearing winter attire. Love his devotion to dressing up for big events.

Snowths. Though that is to be expected with the performance of "All I Need is Love," just the fact that the Snowths actually appeared in a live performance amazes me, especially something this big.

I liked how Animal's legs hung out over top of the set (or whatever you want to call it). Also, on the subject of Animal, he was very inactive today. Now this is to be expected, as the performer performing Animal was obviously tied up with Fozzie's right arm (as I assume one performer had Fozzie's mouth and left hand, and another had Fozzie's right hand and Animal), but still, odd to see him so well-behaved. Though it was nice to see him there, he looked so fake and stone solid that he appeared as more of an animatronic than a puppet, to the point where I almost wish that he wasn't there.

Is it just me, or is one of Gonzo's pupils bigger than the other?

Am I the only one who found Piggy's head attire a bit strange? The one side has an ear-hole for her ear, but then the other side apparently does not, so that her other ear is tucked underneath. Just looks weird for only one ear to be sticking up.

And that's all for the moment. More to come as I remember all the thoughts gushing through my head.