When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're named after the city of Hamburg, Germany, where many have emigrated to the U.S.
Which is why during WWII they had to call them "Salisbury Steaks."

Now here's my rant, and boy is it ever a good one.

The actor who plays Jake on Two and a Half Men "found religion" (never good) and started ranting about how much the show is filth and to stop watching it.

Now, there's 2 things about this that make me laugh.

It's Kirk Cameron crap all over again. You know, the atheist that "found religion" and then became an overzealous jerk and started bullying the entire crew of Growing Pains (actors and writers) so they can all make sure the show lives up to his crazy puritanical standards. Thus making a show that sucked suck more. While there are people that legitimately found religion and sincerely let faith into their hearts, I find a lot of these like those cases of that one guy who watched one indie film part way and claims to be a cinema snob... you know, the one that then scoffs at you for daring to see anything mainstream because there's not enough suffering and awareness for a cause they don't really give a crap about/will never do anything for? It's like a blank check to act like a jerk and pass judgement on everyone else because they're not "true believers" that JUST found out about something everyone else was wise to and actually sincere about.THAT'S how I feel about over zealous "I fownd teh relijins" guys. And I love how Angus's new found religion has cult like terminology, but I won't go into that. Suffice to say, it's all cower before the might of God who hates the heck out of you crap. That's not EVEN religion.

But the thing that really gets me is the fact at least 2 key members of the series went nuts and started whining about how terrible it was, even though they're the highest paid actors on TV. That's a SURE sign that it's time to end the series. Filth, aAngus says? Their hasn't been anything remotely cheeky since Ashton took over the show and turned it into something WORSE than the stale series it was. The show is 3 seasons overdue for cancellation, Chuck needs to get that through his head. Plus, who'd've thought Jon Cryer would be the sane one in the cast?

robodog

Reaction score
those types are the ones who give religion a bad name. They don't seem to realize that by shoving their beliefs down people's throats they're turning people away from religion rather than making them see the light. I also have a problem with those who use religion as an excuse for bigotry. I have a sneaking suspicion that when these types die and reach the afterlife their first thought will be something along the lines of "wow. there's an awful lot of fire and brimstone in heaven" right before they slowly realize the awful truth. I'm Christian and I hate those types as much as anyone. They're hurting Christianity not helping it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed fully. Now, I understand there's a lot of complexity, and there are those who have been raised to belief certain things that are unfounded and or hateful. But that's the point with those kinds. They were raised that way, denoting they were like that all along. I HATE when the reborns who used to do drugs, had lots of the very same sex they wag their fingers at everyone else for doing, and lord knows what else and then feel the need to lecture people on how to live, especially people who their entire lives DIDN'T do any of that. People who did immoral things wanna be morally superior to people who didn't because they found a small fraction of a religion that lets you. They're as bad as those gamers that buy 8-Bit classic T-shirts with characters they'd've beaten other kids up for wearing when they were kids and calling themselves "Hard Core Gamers" when they only play Halo or other Shoot-em-ups, and only because their friends were.

robodog

Reaction score
There are posers everywhere. In fandom, in religion and pretty much everywhere else. Sadly all we can really do is grit our teeth and deal with it. For some strange reason if you punch these people in the face suddenly YOU'RE the bad guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The actor who plays Jake on Two and a Half Men "found religion" (never good) and started ranting about how much the show is filth and to stop watching it.
That's what I said in another thread: he's JUST NOW realizing that the show he's on is filth? What does he expect working for Chuck Lorre?

mr3urious

Reaction score
He calls that show filth yet turns a blind eye to just about every bit of "reality" TV? :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He calls that show filth yet turns a blind eye to just about every bit of "reality" TV? :rolleyes:
True, I'll save him the trouble. Pick one random thing on TV nowadays, chances are it will be filth, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I said in another thread: he's JUST NOW realizing that the show he's on is filth? What does he expect working for Chuck Lorre?

That's because he's just now turned into one of those insufferable fake Born Again Christians and became a prude. And then he retracted it because he's moral enough to think the show is turning people to Satanism but not moral enough not to take a HUGE check for making fart, drug, and lady part jokes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's because he's just now turned into one of those insufferable fake Born Again Christians and became a prude. And then he retracted it because he's moral enough to think the show is turning people to Satanism but not moral enough not to take a HUGE check for making fart, drug, and lady part jokes.
Yeah I mean I remember the actress who played Blair on Facts of Life decided not to do an episode that focused on her character having premarital sex because it was against her beliefs. That I respect because she truly stuck to her convictions even if it possibly meant her getting in trouble with the show.