Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo

Reaction score
I hate to hear that Mo....If you need to talk, yell cuss of a sholder to cry on, feel free to send me a pm. (That gose for anyone else who may just need to talk as well)
thank you, maybe I'm just overreacting.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Excuse me if I'm out of line but both these accusers seem fame-hungry ***holes, in this to make a shed load of cash and raise their pathetic profiles, I mean look at them!! The ONLY judgement I'm making against Kevin is why he'd even give these cretins the time of day in the first place! They are the type of "the world owes me a living" low-lifes that are plastered all over our TV screens and gossip columns... and this is coming from a guy that was on Fear Factor!!

I genuinely call BS on the whole charade! Yeah, fair enough, Kevin made some errors in judgement but admitted it all from the very beginning. There is absolutely no way he should have been (assuming he was) pressured into leaving Sesame Street...no way. For the most part, his presence is behind the scenes and, if anything, Sesame Workshop could have chosen keep Kevin from the limelight until it all blows over.

It genuinely makes me angry everytime I see an article featuring these opportunist scumbags as it means they won! For arguments sake, lets just say having met Kevin on the chatlines as they claim, and Kevin did something that they deemed inappropriate, offensive or illegal - where in the heck is the logic that cash will just make that all better?!?!?!

Sorry for the rant but these guys are subhuman scum - just my opinion!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think everyone feels like that at this point, except for the ones that really think he did it. If you look at the facts, the accusers, and the way the cases are being presented it dose not seem creditable. Something may or may not have happend, but if it did the people invovled have not handled the issue correctly.

Reactions: mo

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, all we know is the accusers are claiming Kevin basically molested them when they were teenagers; Kevin, so far, admitted to having a consensual ADULT relationship with the first accuser. We know now that Kevin is gay, and maybe he does prefer younger men (hey, we have a term for older women who prefer younger men).

At the same time, we know that Kevin is a good guy, he's done so much to educate and entertain children through the power of the Muppets for almost three decades... the two identified accusers on the other hand, they each seem to have shady pasts, both are acting like Kevin's resignation will boost their own careers.

It seems almost clear to me who we should believe.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm going to quote Tales of the Bunny Pixknick...."Thouse who hurt others, only hurt themselfs"

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Again, all we know is the accusers are claiming Kevin basically molested them when they were teenagers; Kevin, so far, admitted to having a consensual ADULT relationship with the first accuser. We know now that Kevin is gay, and maybe he does prefer younger men (hey, we have a term for older women who prefer younger men).

At the same time, we know that Kevin is a good guy, he's done so much to educate and entertain children through the power of the Muppets for almost three decades... the two identified accusers on the other hand, they each seem to have shady pasts, both are acting like Kevin's resignation will boost their own careers.

It seems almost clear to me who we should believe.
If Hugh Hefner can continue doinking barely-legal women, I don't see why it should be different for gay men.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Why did I think Clash was happily married (to a woman) with kids? Did I make that up in my mind? Was this before that time?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why did I think Clash was happily married (to a woman) with kids? Did I make that up in my mind? Was this before that time?
You didn't make it up. He was married, and has a daughter. He and his wife are seperated (she's referred to as his ex-wife in Being Elmo).

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Well, he was married to a woman for a time, so he's probably bisexual.

Regarding your other point about his accusers, you're absolutely right.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there's been a number of cases where men have married women, and have had children, long before they actually realize they are gay; Kevin has flat-out admitted he's gay when this scandal broke out, so I'm assuming he was one of those men who didn't realize he was gay until later in life.

You know that whole, "There's two kinds of people in the world" principal? It almost seems like there's two kinds of gay people in the world: those who know they're gay from a very early age, and those who haven't realized it until later in life (and again, most of them actually do marry women and may even have kids at one point).

Status
Not open for further replies.