"The Muppets": One Year Later

Mark Johns

Reaction score
The movie totally holds up for me. No doubt. It was the first Muppet movie I was able to go with my wife to, so that holds a special place in my heart. I still cry when Rainbow Connection starts and when they do the Muppet Show theme song. The movie means a lot to me, no doubt.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This was the first Muppet movie i was able to see in the theaters, and I to cry when they sing Rainbow Connection.

Vincent L

Reaction score
The Muppets is the movie that brought me to Muppet fandom. I first saw Kermit appear on The Ellen Degeneres Show for a promotion, and went to watch the movie. After that, I searched for Muppet Show clips on YouTube, and fell in love ever since.

snichols1973

Reaction score
This tagline from The Muppets DVD pretty much sums it up for those of us who rediscovered the laughter:

"Even if you weren't a Muppets fan, you will become one after this movie"
--Kevin McCarthy, CBS Radio

snichols1973

Reaction score

I've noticed that in the lower right hand corner between Camilla and the bluebird (at about 0:41 in the clip and from 1:00 to 1:08 in the Muppet cast gallery before Gonzo's trumpet gag) is a blue-faced Muppet who has a grandmotherly appearance.

Is she a member of Geri and the Atrics?

mo

Reaction score
still don't have the the dvd oh well.

robodog

Reaction score
I actually saw this for the first time last night. I'm pretty much a recluse. I don't go to theatres and I don't have much money to spend on DVDs. What little free cash I have goes to my toy collection. But last night The Muppets was on TV on a channel we usually don't get. Long story short, I loved it!
The movie really was a love letter to fans of the Muppets and The Muppets themselves. I can see why this film is creating new fans.

Walter

Reaction score
(sorry about the duplicate thread Pinkflower7783!:embarrassed:)

I can't believe a year has gone by already! There are so many awesome times I've had watching The Muppets. I'd say my favorite moment(beside the movie of course!) was the 2011 Dancing With The Stars performance of "Life's A Happy Song".:fanatic:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
(sorry about the duplicate thread Pinkflower7783!:embarrassed:)
No don't apologize! I should to you I misread your post last night until a member here corrected me your intention was a bit different! Like I said I was getting tired and probably should have logged off earlier! It's all good. :smile: