Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Fine for now until the investigation ends and people know what happened. If he didn't do anything, then great. Pick up the pieces and then go on from there. If he did do something, then his respect will be in question by a lot of people. I'm done with posting in this thread until something else happens.
Didn't he admit to these things? To me it's not a question of guilt, it's an issue of a man who like any famed performer has flaws and has at time made poor judgement. I mean this incident if anything has brought out an overwhelming tidal wave of support and has showed just how many people have been positively effected by his work. The more responsible media has framed the events in question as indiscretions and a private matter he's dealing with. Yes, its true I and others probably hold our beloved performers to a different standard than had it been a politician. But regardless of what transpired, I have no problem saying my view of Clash hasn't changed. If anything I feel all the more supportive of him and hope he can continue in his field in another capacity(perhaps, hopefully Disney's Muppets)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't he admit to these things?
I'm not so sure about the second, or other accusers, but he did admit that he was in a relationship with the Shelbum Sleazens (the first accuser), HOWEVER, he says their relationship took place when he was of legal age of adulthood, and that it was mutually consensual on both of their parts (whereas Sheldumb is basically claiming Kevin sexually assaulted him when he wasn't of legal age of adulthood).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Your right Kevin really has not come out and said anything about the others, he just resinged. Some people may take that as him saying he was gulity. The second acusser came out and did that press conference and even he said that nothing major happend untill he was of age. He also stated that he didn't know what Kevin did as a job, and then when he found out he was shocked. I could understand that becuase when you hear Kevin's real voice it's very hard to believe that he is the voice of Elmo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kevin even mentioned that when he appeared on Oprah several years ago, that when people try to picture what the man behind Elmo looks like, they almost always imagine that it would be a short, bald-headed, bespectacled man, who actually speaks in that falscetto voice.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Now the only question on my Mind is What's gonna become of Elmo?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, more than likely, another performer will start doing him.

However, since they've already finished filming Season 44 for next year, it will probably be another couple of years or so before we ever even see any kind of change with Elmo on the show.

In the meantime, however, some believe that any live and personal appearances Elmo may make will be few and far between at this point.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
"Elmo is bigger then one person" that is the quote that has been going around ever since this issue has started. They may want to think that and give people hope of that, but we fans know that Kevin did pour a whole lot of himself into that little read furry monster.
It's kind of good that the person who is going to take over for Elmo is going to have time to adjust.
And that what makes the whole ordeal both so shocking and sad... I mean I sometimes always thought of Elmo being overpowering in some cases as his popularity grew.

I never knew it took something so dirty like this... that could take Elmo down. :frown:

Animal31

Reaction score
And that what makes the whole ordeal both so shocking and sad... I mean I sometimes always thought of Elmo being overpowering in some cases as his popularity grew.

I never knew it took something so dirty like this... that could take Elmo down. :frown:
I don't think it will bring Elmo "the character" down, why should it? All the posts saying Elmo should move or become a background character....its really like a son being persecuted for the actions of their father.....

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I don't think it will bring Elmo "the character" down, why should it? All the posts saying Elmo should move or become a background character....its really like a son being persecuted for the actions of their father.....
Well that would make things a little worse for a while, considering how long Sesame Street put up the Elmo name on the pestal and the hard work they put into various Elmo themed specials, movies and toyline.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice people keep asking the same questions over and over and over again, so in hopes of clearing things up for everybody, and maybe hopefully calm the thread down, here's the entire situation in a nutshell:

A) Last week, a young, struggling actor/model named Shelbum Sleazens filed a lawsuit against Kevin Clash, claiming that Kevin sexually assaulted him when he was sixteen (therefore, underaged).
2) Kevin did admit to having a relationship with Mr. Sneakens, but says it didn't happen until he was of legal age of adulthood.
D) This situation outed Kevin, so yes, he is gay; at the same time, Kevin temporarily walked away from SST until the situation was sorted out.
L) The very next day, Sheldumb recanted his accusations, and decided to settle.
7) Earlier this week, a second accuser, Dude Looks Like a Lady, came forward with a press conference, claiming Kevin sexually assaulted him when he was underaged too, but also states that when he became an adult, their relationship got hot and heavy.
X) Because of DLLAL's accusations, Sheldunce decided to recant his recant, claiming that he was pressured into his recanting his initial accusations, and decided to continue to press charges against Kevin.
@) Because of all of this, both SW and Kevin came to an agreement that this situation had become a distraction, and that in the best interest of SST, Kevin resigned from the show. He was not fired, he was not laid off, he resigned for the good of the show.
&) So far, two other unidentified silverfish have crawled out of the woodwork, also wanting to sue Kevin; all of these accusers painting a picture of him being a sexually deprived monster who uses his power to lure young boys to his fate.
Z) Nobody knows exactly how this will affect Elmo: so far, we know that all of Season 44 is complete, so we'll still be seeing and hearing Kevin's Elmo for at least another year or two. We probably won't see any live appearances by Elmo any time soon, and surely, another performer (supposedly John Kennedy) will take on Elmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.