RIP Emily Squires

Mark Johns

Reaction score
Sesame Street director Emily Squires dies at age 71

A longtime "Sesame Street" director who also worked on soap operas including "The Guiding Light" and "As the World Turns" has died. Emily Squires was 71.

She died Wednesday at New York's Mount Sinai Hospital.

Squires' husband, Len Belzer, said Friday that the cause of death hasn't been determined.

Squires directed the "Sesame Street" children's television series from 1982 to 2007 while also writing for the program.

She directed several "Sesame Street" TV specials as well as other children's programs such as the PBS show "Between the Lions," which promoted reading.

She also was a scriptwriter for soap operas including "The Guiding Light," ''Search for Tomorrow," ''The Secret Storm" and "As the World Turns."

Squires later directed documentaries including "Visions of Perfect Worlds," a conversation with the Dalai Lama.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=776337

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I read about this and though "Oh No how much more can Sesame losse" Come to find out she was with Sesame from 1983-2007. She also did some specals, and some Soap Oprahs as welll.
Regardless she was part of the wonderful magic of Sesame and this is a sad loss, My thoughts and prayers are with her family tonight.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
HAS THE WORLD GONE MAD?!?!?!

I feel so bad for Emily Squires's death.:frown::sympathy: :cry:
R.I.P

She will be missed.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Man, the bad luck just keeps on coming to the street. :frown:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yep. It sure is coming. I hope Christopher Cerf, Joan Ganz Cooney, Caroll Spinney, Bob McGrath, Roscoe Orman, or Loretta Long don't die soon.
We can't think like that Sesame needs our support now more then ever. The Classic Muppets are doing good, and JHC seems to be also doing fine as well, Sesame however just keeps getting blow after blow. Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of all this "bad press" Sesame has been getting?

JLG

Reaction score
Come to find out she was with Sesame from 1983-2007.
Actually it was much longer than that. From what I can tell, she was with them from day one. She shows up in the credits of that 1969 Xerox-sponsored NBC preview as a producer's assistant.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Though it is sad another beautiful person has left the world, I can't imagine a more fulfilling way to spend time on this earth.