Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
No way. Elmo was one of my favorite TV show characters growing up, along with Dora, Blue from Blue's Clues, Madeline and Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. A lot of little kids today love Elmo, so what would we do without him? Maybe they're gonna make an episode like the Mr. Hooper's death one where Elmo moves away from Sesame Street and either Abby or Big Bird learns about it from one of the adults. Or this might be a whole new Sesame Street series without Elmo, like it was in the 70's and the early 80's. Farewell, Elmo!

robodog

Reaction score
I can't see them removing Elmo entirely. He's too popular for that. Elmo is probably THE most popular children's character out there. He's a huge moneymaker. They may reduce his screentime but I doubt they'll just drop the character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I wasn't saying have Elmo off the show for good, but if whomever took over was having a very hard time with getting into Elom, then give people a reason for his absents. Like him moving off of the street.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The problem I see happening is that Abby is going to become the new Elmo , but I could be wrong. Cokkie Monster, and Grover have been getting more of the spotlight but honestly I whold love to see Big Bird take back what was rightfuly his in the start of the show.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
The problem I see happening is that Abby is going to become the new Elmo , but I could be wrong. Cokkie Monster, and Grover have been getting more of the spotlight but honestly I whold love to see Big Bird take back what was rightfuly his in the start of the show.

wish bert and ernie could have a street story or 2 havent had one since season 41 and before that it was a while

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wish bert and ernie could have a street story or 2 havent had one since season 41 and before that it was a while
Yes I would like to see that as well, or just have them on the street, they would not have to have the story revolve around them, but they could at least have a role. I love Street stroies that use a lot of diffrent Muppets, and not just the same ones. spread it out to kind of remind us that all of them do live on Sesame and aren't just visting.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Maybe Murray or Abby, or Grover. Aside from Elmo, they're the most prominent characters on the show right now.
Well, given his increase in the show, I was hoping Murray maybe the next Elmo, considering his performer is the only major SS writer left with Kevin Clash gone.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I don't think they're get rid of Elmo. He'll probably just get a new muppeteer for him. Sure it won't be the same, but it's gotta happen.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
"Elmo is bigger then one person" that is the quote that has been going around ever since this issue has started. They may want to think that and give people hope of that, but we fans know that Kevin did pour a whole lot of himself into that little read furry monster.
It's kind of good that the person who is going to take over for Elmo is going to have time to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.