Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes! so that means that for short term everything will seem the same on Sesame, but long term is when we will see changes.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Still I wonder when time comes to promote Season 44, will they use "new" Elmo?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Maybe Murray or Abby, or Grover. Aside from Elmo, they're the most prominent characters on the show right now.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Still I wonder when time comes to promote Season 44, will they use "new" Elmo?
Maybe Murray or Abby, or Grover. Aside from Elmo, they're the most prominent characters on the show right now.
I'm sure Elmo will make a few promotional appearences with his new preformer when that time comes, but yeah, it's very possible that he'll be used less than he usually is.

Animal31

Reaction score
I'm sure Elmo will make a few promotional appearences with his new preformer when that time comes, but yeah, it's very possible that he'll be used less than he usually is.
Or they could go the other way with it and promote the change, they may get alot more viewers out of this in the short term to see if anything really has changed with Elmo. On the show, following a script, let's face it, any understudy can pull off the voice and actions when they know what to say. I'm going to miss Kevin's personal appearances the most with Elmo, to me, that's when they both shined. And that will also be when we see if the shoes can be filled....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those ARE big shoes to fill, and it really takes someone who has quick wit, and is able to really ad-lib and improvise on the spot, while remaining in-character the entire time. Some performers have been able to pull it off really well - Bill Barretta for example, some of Pepe's personal and live appearances have been hilarious; while others have had to take time with it - looking at some of Eric's earlier appearances, he seemed stumble a little, but in more recent years, he's really been on the ball.

Kevin has always been top-notch when it comes to Elmo making appearances, so if they don't limit or eliminate Elmo making appearances altogether, then whoever the next performer is is really going to have quite a challenge ahead of him.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What if they had Elmo and his family move, not to far away but far enough to where he would only be around some of the time. They could really teach kids about moving away witch can be hard for kids to understand.

Animal31

Reaction score
I'm confused, why does Elmo have to move? Kermit didn't quit the Muppets when Steve took over, and Ernie is still around, so why would Elmo's family have to move from Sesame Street because of another puppeteer taking over? It won't be an easy transition for sure, but as they have said before, Elmo is bigger than one person, so why not just wait and see how it plays out....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, when you get right down to it, Elmo moving away would probably be the biggest television upset since the death of Henry Blake.

Status
Not open for further replies.