Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash resigns from Sesame Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I hope that everyone has been able to set there feelings about this to the side and have a great Thanksgiveing. We really do have a lot to be thankful for.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The more I've been thinking about this, the more I've been wodnering if maybe Kevin could just resign from performing and keep his other duties, but be credited by a different name and keep a low profile.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's certainly going to have to maintain a low profile for quite some time now. That would not only be best for himself, until all of this mess blows over, but it would also be good for the sake of SST as well.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i was glad to see elmo :laugh: on the float today and ernie bert :stick_out_tongue::frown: and the count :batty: but thats off topic :embarrassed::oops:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Interesting to hear this from my older brother this evening since his almost 1 year old daughter likes Elmo. I heard about the first person that accused Clash for this and later dropped the case because it was just made up. Now this is really interesting. Forget about the who's going to perform Elmo angle and focus on the accusations that have now been claimed against Clash. If this is all true, then Clash has made some very bad choices that can cost him jail time.

If this is all false and made up, then once the dust settles have Clash return to Sesame Street in whatever role he or someone else wants him to do like being Elmo, executive producer, etc.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but if Clash did do those things, then what people have thought about him over the years has just been thrown out the door and into the trash can.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Interesting to hear this from my older brother this evening since his almost 1 year old daughter likes Elmo. I heard about the first person that accused Clash for this and later dropped the case because it was just made up. Now this is really interesting. Forget about the who's going to perform Elmo angle and focus on the accusations that have now been claimed against Clash. If this is all true, then Clash has made some very bad choices that can cost him jail time.

If this is all false and made up, then once the dust settles have Clash return to Sesame Street in whatever role he or someone else wants him to do like being Elmo, executive producer, etc.

I have no idea what's going to happen, but if Clash did do those things, then what people have thought about him over the years has just been thrown out the door and into the trash can.
Well, this has actually been in discussion for quite some time. And to tell you the truth, I'm getting rather tired of it. I doubt I'm the only one. And I think it's partially because of that that the discussion moved to "Kevin the performer" and not back to "Kevin the accused". I feel this is a private matter that Kevin will be able to handle on his own. Until things are cleaned up, I really want to focus on the good things that Kevin has done over the years. He lived to make people happy, and that made him one of my heroes. And he'll remain one of my heroes no matter what.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well, this has actually been in discussion for quite some time. And to tell you the truth, I'm getting rather tired of it. I doubt I'm the only one. And I think it's partially because of that that the discussion moved to "Kevin the performer" and not back to "Kevin the accused". I feel this is a private manner that Kevin will be able to handle on his own. Until things are cleaned up, I really want to focus on the good things that Kevin has done over the years. He lived to make people happy, and that made him one of my heroes. And he'll remain one of my heroes no matter what.
Fine for now until the investigation ends and people know what happened. If he didn't do anything, then great. Pick up the pieces and then go on from there. If he did do something, then his respect will be in question by a lot of people. I'm done with posting in this thread until something else happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.