When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
That almost seems like how Bill Nye the Science Guy recently did a YouTube video telling parents they need to teach their kids about evolution, because if not, the future of engineering is doomed.
Bill Nye has become a hero to me. He's singlehandedly fighting against the religious right's war on science. And (small political rant) those politicians are using that anti-science logic to defund schools and scientific studies. That's not right. Bill really exploded at the dimwit that said a woman's body shuts down after a legitimate rape.

I don't see why science has to be so incompatible with religion. That's why everyone sees it as primitive superstition. You can be a Christian and believe in evolution. A lot of religion was founded in explaining things that couldn't be explained. I guess there are those throughout history that think if something's explained, it takes the "magic" out of religion and replaces them with facts, and the ones most concerned about that are people that use religion as their source of power... The Catholic Church, the religious right... etc.

Religion and science can get along.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Religion and science can get along.
That's exactly what my church teaches. For me, science explains how we exist and my religion explains why we exist. I know this principle isn't for everyone and what the heck am I to say as I'm rubbish at science, but it's good enough for me at the moment.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Not even gonna touch the whole Xmas thing; I offered my own take on that last year to the exact same rant, perhaps minus the WI references, as I recall...

Today's rant is about WOMEN thinking it's okay to be property. I got into an argument with someone earlier who insisted that if a woman is in desperate circumstances and wishes to have an abortion, the "father" (read: inseminator, as that's about all the forethought that went into the act) "has a say" in whether or not to keep the fetus. Uh... NO. While I agree that such a momentous decision as "to childrenate or not to childrenate" ought to have been discussed BEFORE the couple ever hit the bedroom (WAAAAAY before), and at THAT point they need to come to some agreement one way or the other, if a woman does not wish to carry a fetus to term it is HER right to end it. Period. No man, no law, no government should have to right to say otherwise, and claiming that "the father has a right" to demand she have the baby is equivalent to pure slavery. No person in a free society should be owned by another, and demands on another's very body is saying that person's body is another's property.

What disgusts me the most is the person I was arguing with was a young woman. I doubt she's considered that if she's okay with men treating women as property, she will certainly be treated as such herself. What the !@$@# is wrong with women who think this way? Can we say redneck brainwashing? I knew you could...
-------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My rant? I can't watch ANYTHING on TBS anymore without having a bazillion, "Dude! We play Big Bang Theory like a BUNCH a week here on TBS!!!" promos shoved in my face during the commercial breaks.

Misskermie

Reaction score
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS?

When little kids come over, hit you, and to teach them a lesson, you hit back, but then they run to their mom, and say, "He/She hit me!"
It makes me wanna smack the little jerk!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey. Remember when I was complaining about how terrible the sitcom "Partners" was?

Apparently, I wasn't alone and the thing got totally

CANCELLED!!!!

AS you can see, I'm pretty darn happy about it. Seriously, the Ko-Mutt guys are freaking terrible at sitcoms.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Hey. Remember when I was complaining about how terrible the sitcom "Partners" was?

Apparently, I wasn't alone and the thing got totally

CANCELLED!!!!

AS you can see, I'm pretty darn happy about it. Seriously, the Ko-Mutt guys are freaking terrible at sitcoms.
Then, why are you in the rant thread?
Go to the Anti-rant thread, silly! :big_grin:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS?

When little kids come over, hit you, and to teach them a lesson, you hit back, but then they run to their mom, and say, "He/She hit me!"
It makes me wanna smack the little jerk!
Okay... did this happen to you?