My Fraggle Replicas and Display

lifelongfan

Reaction score
That IS a wonderful Sprocket. Actually, he looks a good deal more awesome than any of the officially released plush Sprockets I've ever seen! :smile: :drool:

What I like about your plushes is that they don't look dead. They look really vibrant and Fraggley! Boober and Red are my favorites out of your collection. Excellent work.
Thanks I would love to live with a house full of Muppets. I actually meant to post this in the replica forum since thats more what they are:embarrassed:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Thanks! Yes I made sprocket and he is HUGE much bigger than my actual dog:sympathy: I adapted the butterick patterns that a friend of mine had.
I didn't know Butterick did a pattern for Sprocket, COOL! :excited: I've got the patterns for Gobo and Red, but have yet to make them. I've made lots of stuffed animals for my Son, but haven't ever used a pattern before. I wonder, would you be able to share the pattern for Sprocket? If not, no worries.

Your collection is amazing! Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

BooberGypsy

Reaction score
Beautiful craftsmanship! I sew and I can't imagine how long these took you! Just amazing, you can tell you put a lot of love into them as you sewed them. They are fantastic ^_^

P.S. I love the Boober XD

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey lifelongfan, I'm curious about a couple things!

1. Did you make these guys for cuddle purposes at all, or largely display?
2. Kind of related to the above question, what material makes up the Fraggles' hair? Is it ostrich fringe? Because for cuddle purposes I could imagine that being pretty...hm, what's the word? Frail?

The hair does look pretty nifty, whatever it is. Especially considering that most all the released plushes haven't seemed to know what to do about the hair texture :big_grin: Hee

lifelongfan

Reaction score
I didn't know Butterick did a pattern for Sprocket, COOL! :excited: I've got the patterns for Gobo and Red, but have yet to make them. I've made lots of stuffed animals for my Son, but haven't ever used a pattern before. I wonder, would you be able to share the pattern for Sprocket? If not, no worries.

Your collection is amazing! Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony
I would be happy to share it but it's so huge I hade to cut some of it then glue it to 2 pieces of poster board. Maybe a picture with the dimensions. I also would be happy to share the different heads I made for :coy::sigh::dreamy:

lifelongfan

Reaction score
Hey lifelongfan, I'm curious about a couple things!

1. Did you make these guys for cuddle purposes at all, or largely display?
2. Kind of related to the above question, what material makes up the Fraggles' hair? Is it ostrich fringe? Because for cuddle purposes I could imagine that being pretty...hm, what's the word? Frail?

The hair does look pretty nifty, whatever it is. Especially considering that most all the released plushes haven't seemed to know what to do about the hair texture :big_grin: Hee
Pretty much display because you guessed it the ostrich feathers are fragile especially because I used individual feathers and cut them up because I could buy them with coupons(I'm really cheap) I think the prestrung fringe would be alot studier.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Pretty much display because you guessed it the ostrich feathers are fragile especially because I used individual feathers and cut them up because I could buy them with coupons(I'm really cheap) I think the prestrung fringe would be alot studier.
Thank you! Coupons for ostrich feathers?! Now THOSE would come in handy :big_grin:

Mraven322

Reaction score
I would definately love to see the patterns you made,I love the Fraggles..just bought the compete fraggle collection and haven't stopped watching them

lifelongfan

Reaction score
Thank you! Coupons for ostrich feathers?! Now THOSE would come in handy :big_grin:
my local craft stores always have 40% to 50% off coupons and they are on my way to almost everywhere all my Fraggle materials were bought with coupons. It's the American Way :attitude: