Hostess Brands closing for good due to baker's strike

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is yet to be confirmation, but the company will be sold and I'm sure they'll continue to produce these things once everything is settled.

But, you might like to know that the first time they filed for bankruptcy back in 2004 or so, the CEO's cut their employees pay and benefits to save the company, only to reward themselves with a 300% pay raise for doing such a good job at sucking.

There isn't a palm to face or roll of the eyes adequate enough to express how freaking stupid they were at business. You know that Aesop's Fable about the dog who lost his bone because he barked because he thought his reflection was another dog with a bigger bone? That was an act of brilliant selflessness compared to that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My opinion is, is there's more important things going on in the world then people crying over some stupid cakes. Find another fattening snack America it's not like we're short on any. Snack on an apple it's healthier anyways.

Although the people selling them for thousands of dollars I'm sure are enjoying the profit.

Besides I'm sure Disney is gonna buy the company anyways. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
My opinion is, is there's more important things going on in the world then people crying over some stupid cakes. Find another fattening snack America it's not like we're short on any. Snack on an apple it's healthier anyways.
My concern isn't the food, my concern lies with the thousands of people now out of work because stupid entitled greedy morons are stupid entitled greedy morons. There's never any backlash against CEO's and terrible business decisions, and we have learned nothing from Enron.

That said, it's terrible to see a favorite brand die. It's like going through a mall and looking at the overpriced boutique that no one ever buys stuff from that used to be your favorite store. No matter how much you're over it, you look at it and think "if that store were still opened, I bet they'd have something great." It's not like a long canceled TV show where you can always watch over and over again depending on the availability, it's an experience that can never be recreated.

I will add this one thing. I hate when someone says when you crave something, go for something that's completely the opposite of what you want. "Look, I know you want that rich fudgey brownie over there, but how about a nice disgusting piece of raw celery since essentially it's the same thing." It's important to eat healthy (and quite honestly, fruit is a lesser of two evils, it contains sugar as well. We REALLY need to eat more vegetables if anything), but that's what a treat is. Something you don't eat often. And when you do, it just gets you to normal.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Apparently Hostess might not be closing after all, reportedly the union and the company are going to return to the bargaining table. So maybe this was a cheap-shot negotiating tactic after all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently Hostess might not be closing after all, reportedly the union and the company are going to return to the bargaining table. So maybe this was a cheap-shot negotiating tactic after all.

Actually, the bankruptcy courts have ordered Hostess to resume negotiations.

Still, I feel the company and brand are better off in more competent hands. But if it saves jobs for a while (until they make more bad decisions about what to do with their money), I'm for that. But Hostess needs to look for a business partner in the near future to prevent the brand and jobs from going under.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
There may be hope for Hostess after all...

The Keeblers Elves as well as many of Santa Claus' elves have agreed to fill in for some of the bakers.

There shouldn't be too many differences aside from a name change to Hostess Ho Ho Ho's.
For the win is all I have to say.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My concern isn't the food, my concern lies with the thousands of people now out of work because stupid entitled greedy morons are stupid entitled greedy morons. There's never any backlash against CEO's and terrible business decisions, and we have learned nothing from Enron.

That said, it's terrible to see a favorite brand die. It's like going through a mall and looking at the overpriced boutique that no one ever buys stuff from that used to be your favorite store. No matter how much you're over it, you look at it and think "if that store were still opened, I bet they'd have something great." It's not like a long canceled TV show where you can always watch over and over again depending on the availability, it's an experience that can never be recreated.

I will add this one thing. I hate when someone says when you crave something, go for something that's completely the opposite of what you want. "Look, I know you want that rich fudgey brownie over there, but how about a nice disgusting piece of raw celery since essentially it's the same thing." It's important to eat healthy (and quite honestly, fruit is a lesser of two evils, it contains sugar as well. We REALLY need to eat more vegetables if anything), but that's what a treat is. Something you don't eat often. And when you do, it just gets you to normal.
Was there really a need to quote my post and give me one big long lecture? Because I personally don't care what your concerns are or what you hate. So your opinion to me means nothing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You are the ONLY person I know on this board that has a problem with being quoted. Quoting isn't just directly responding to you, but rather bringing up points for the sake of a conversation. Please try to remember that.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think now would be a good time to mention that Pinky, YOU are the one who starts fights. This is a blatant attempt to get DrTooth to argue with you and in his defense, I didn't see anything that looked like a lecture.

You try start fights with ME all the time...I dunno if I'm just an easy target who is just as hard headed as you, but really, virtually every post I make with an opinion you have to attack me about it. I have been keeping my mouth shut about it, but I can't any more...there was no hostility towards you in his post and that was completely uncalled for...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
When have I started arguments with you?! Stop trying to make out like your a victim. I did not post that to get him to argue with me. I have not attacked you on any of your opinions infact I've only recently started talking to you in other threads! Frankly you seem to be the one who always has a smart attitude at times.

And since we're on the subject let me just say its not just me who has had issues with him. A few members on here have also said similar things about him to me. Some of you people think just because you've been here the longest it gives you the right to do and say whatever you want.

Frankly I don't care about you. Your not my family or friend all you are is someone over a computer. If this gets me banned so be it. At least I know I'll have stuck up for myself. And just like you I am no longer keeping my mouth shut.