Monday Post Production

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That was wonderful, with some nice phrasing especially at the beginning in describing the city of Los Angeles; and the interplay between pig and gofer and frog, especially since the frog's being sneaky in cutting out to go meet a hungry bear and whatever Gonzo is at the movies.
Thanks for posting this. *Directs Gina's attention to the brownies left for her from Aunt Ru.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh, I love how kermit broke that to them!

More please!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
And here is the rest of the above chapter. I had thought about just starting a new one, but I thought this one needed an actual end.

“You’re directing our movie?”

“You wrote a script?”

Scooter managed to pull the seat out and sat down, his confusion ebbing away for the moment. “Kermit never mentioned that,” he murmured.

“Try to curb your enthusiasm please.”

“Not that I don’t think it’s a good idea!” he exclaimed, immediately realizing that he probably should’ve kept that little tidbit to himself. “I just meant,” he tried again. “That Kermit hadn’t mentioned that you were going to be the director. In fact, he didn’t really mention anything other than I was going to meet with the director today.”

“That frog doesn’t get enough credit for just how sneaky he can truly be,” the diva muttered. “He’s been holding the identity of this script’s writer hostage, just waiting to spring this. If I wasn’t so annoyed, I’d almost be proud.”

“So…” the page began. “I take it you read the screenplay then?”

“Moi has read your screenplay, yes.”

“And?”

“It was good.”

“Really?” asked Scooter, the gleam in his eye proving that the words were the best he had heard all morning. “You’re not just saying that?”

“You know that Moi doesn’t just say things to say them,” Piggy huffed. “And yes, before you even ask, Moi did enjoy it.”

The red head let out a sigh he wasn’t even aware he had been holding. Having the big boss okay his screenplay was one thing, but having that same okay coming from the leading lady was equal parts bread and butter. Though he had always made a joke out of it, it actually did stand that if either one of them liked something, the best bet was to get them both on board in order to make any process easy and simple. The fact that they had not only read his meager little script, but that they both seemed to like it filled Scooter with happiness that was about to spill over.

“You really liked it?” he whispered, his face showing the eagerness that still clung to him even as an adult. The familiarity of it caused Piggy to relax her own features, sending a motherly smile his way.

“I read it from start to finish,” she replied. “And I liked it from beginning to end. I’m quite regretful that I noticed this unique talent of yours.”

Scooter shook his head in good humor. “You needn’t be,” he said. “I didn’t even know I had it until I took that class. I just wanted Kermit to check it out, I never imagined he’d want to turn it into a film.”

“Moi will concede that her frog knows a good thing when he sees it,” Piggy said. Picking up her mug, she added, “Though there were times when he was completely flying blind, but that’s neither here or there. Scooter darling, why don’t you bring out some breakfast and then we can discuss this new project of ours?”

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow, that went better than I thought...

MORE PLEASE!!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Happy Monday before Thanksgiving! Just want to wish all my Mupps a very happy and safe holiday with the fam or friends. And to start your night, here's your Monday update!

III.

“I had been familiar with the cops that ran the LAPD and my favorite was that of Fozwick J Bear, Officer Bear, I should say. Regular bear about the street, a bear on patrol some would say, but I couldn’t ask for a better officer or a better friend. Fozzie was like my go between when it came to my investigations; for whatever reason, his chief of police didn’t like a hardnosed private eye muscling in on his territory, but that was too bad, wasn’t it?

“It was a rather cool March day and Fozzie had stopped by on his beat for a chat. And by chat, a general warning that his boss wasn’t too happy with me.

“You gotta watch out, Kermit,” said the bear, dressed in a blue police uniform, complete with hat that he now was worrying in his hands. “The big boss isn’t too happy with how you busted Slim Lemmings last week. He’s really been getting on our cases about it!”

“I’m sorry, buddy,” I replied, patting his shoulder. “You know I don’t mean to get you in trouble, but that police chief of yours wouldn’t know the right side of a pen if you didn’t show it to him.”

“Tell me about it,” Fozzie said, rolling his eyes in understanding. He looked around suddenly, as though expecting his police chief to have heard him and would show up as though out of thin air. “Kermit, please don’t tell him I said that!”

“No worries, pal,” I said, taking a seat on the edge of my desk. “I know you boys do everything you can to keep our streets safe for people, but you gotta know that not everyone comes to the police when they need help. You said it yourself; the force is stretched thin and you can’t get to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. That’s where I come in.”

“And I appreciate it, Kermit, I really do.”

“I’m nothing special, Fozzie.”

“But you are!” the bear exclaimed. “You really are! It’s like you said – we can’t get to everybody and you provide a valuable service in which people come to you for help in desperate situations.”

I looked at the bear in a bit of awe. The guy’s a great guy, but he’s usually not so profound. “That’s really profound, Fozzie.”

“I read it off this candy bar wrapper,” he said, showing me the remains of a candy bar he must’ve eaten earlier. “Actually Kermit, you got a trash can? I hate carrying around trash in my pockets, so unprofessional, you know.”

I gestured towards the waste basket that normally sat next to my desk. Like clock work, as the bear went near, he ended up knocking over a stack of papers and pens that were on the corner…”

By the time Kermit returned home, Piggy and Scooter had moved their meeting from outdoors to indoors, more preciously to that of the kitchen table booth that was placed against the wall and near the glass door. Both had their heads deep within the screenplay, both discussing whatever it was that needed to be discussed; the scene actually made Kermit smile.

This was what he was hoping would happen when he considered these two for the roles he had suggested. Whether they would admit it or not, the two were practically best friends and were certainly closer than any two regular members of a theater troupe could ever get possibily. He had been hoping that their fondness for each other would make their working relationship better in the long run; they both were extremely creative and that creativity had often worked against him more times than he would ever admit.

Piggy was grandiose, that much was true, and she did have a tendency to go a little overboard, but she had a good vision to what she wanted and how a scene should be done, especially if she was in it. He also knew that she took criticism to heart and Kermit was well aware that there would be some people that might not take their diva and leading lady as the director for this picture.

Scooter, on the other hand, was very low key. He was perfectly happy working behind the scenes and behind the camera and like Piggy, had a good eye for direction. The frog would be hard pressed to not admit that one day, Scooter could easily take over for him, if he didn’t do it already. But Scooter also had a tendency to keep to himself and not speak up on things he thought worked and those he didn’t.

But putting those two together, Kermit believed and hoped, would take care of any insecurities that could crop up. Even if Kermit found it hard to believe sometimes, his young assistant looked up to him, Piggy, and the others; Piggy was very good at showing her appreciation for good work and she knew how to do so with every member of their troupe. If she thought something was great, Scooter would be in heaven; if she thought something needed work, she could tell the red head in such a way that it would be truthful and wouldn’t hurt his feelings.

Scooter could actually get away with a lot when it came to Piggy, but he was also someone that the diva would listen to if she thought he had a good idea. The page was probably one of only a few Muppets who hadn’t been on the receiving end of a famous Piggy chop, no matter how mad she might be with him.

They had a very good and very strong friendship that would make this work. Or so he hoped.

“I see the bosses are hard at work,” he replied, bringing attention to himself.

The two looked up, fully surprised that they hadn’t seen nor heard the frog come in, as well as underestimating exactly how long they had been at this.

“Hey Kermit.”

“Kermie, when did you get here?”

“If I told you I’ve been standing here for an hour, would you believe me?” he asked, cheekily.

“No,” they both replied, however they did both look at each in confusion. Had they been working on this longer than they had imagined?

“Have you been there for an hour?” Scooter asked, meekly.

Kermit chuckled. “I’m kidding,” he said, walking over and taking a seat next to Piggy. “But I have been here for about ten, fifteen minutes before I said anything. Wanted to make sure you kids were playing nice.”

“Moi and Andre always play nice, thank you,” Piggy snorted. “Where’ve you been?”

“Told you,” the frog said. “I went to a movie with Fozzie and Gonzo. Okay, technically, I went to two movies with Fozzie and Gonzo, which I would like to proudly proclaim, was all the bear’s fault.”

“Well,” Piggy began again. “You’ll be happy to know that our darling Andrew here has written a fantastic script that Moi is sure will be quite a delight when seen on the big screen.”

Scooter couldn’t help but beam from the praise, just as Kermit suspected he would. “Piggy’s been going over some scene set ups with me,” the page replied. “You know, she has a really good for scenic places. Already, the set design shouldn’t take any time to set up.”

Kermit smirked before crossing his arms and leaning back against the seat of the booth. “Today must be your lucky day,” he said. “Just so happens I also booked a meeting with the producer of this movie. So, show me what you got.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
See... Now this is the kind of thing that you pull out which absolutely floors me as to how well you can write Muppet fanfic. *Heartily applauds everything posted.
*Leaves mug of hot chocolate.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Gina, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you.

More please!
I wanna see more script!
*Leaves a muffin to go with Count's hot chocolate*

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Gina, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you.
*Leaves a muffin to go with Count's hot chocolate*
How could I possibly take that the wrong way? LOL You love me! You really love me!

And how did you guys know I was drinking hot cocoa and that I needed a muffin? Y'all are the BESTEST!

And yes, Miss Kermie, there will be more script, as well as the big announcement to the whole entire group. Coming up next Monday!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Happy Monday, people! Holy Cow in a basket, we're almost to Christmas, which means lil Miss Gina here needs to get cranking on some stories. I really did try to think of a Turkey day theme, which become a part of a theme, but when I thought about it, I think you all would prefer a wedding in December, am I right?

But enough of that - it's Monday and you know what to do!

IV.

“So busy picking up papers, pens, and other debris that had fallen to the floor, I hadn’t even noticed her walking in. My secretary, if you can call her that, never seemed to be around when I needed her, like to call and tell me that someone had walked into the office.

It was the way she cleared her throat that got our attention and of course the first thing we saw were two polished black heels, that covered feet attached to dainty ankles, that were attached to legs that went up to the hem of a black dress.

“Enjoy the show?” she asked, a slim eyebrow raised in question.

“The preview was alright,” I huffed, giving her another once over.

“Perhaps you’d enjoy the full show if you were standing up.”

Fozzie and I stood quickly, both of us embarrassed at being caught so unexpectedly, however I made a better show than the bear, showcasing that I greeted my clients from the floor all the time. “I can only surmise that one of you is Mr. Hollywood?” she asked, baby blue eyes turned from the officer to myself.

“That would be me,” I said. “Uh, maybe I’ll see you a little later, Fozzie.”

The bear nodded quickly to my request, placing his cap back on his head before tipping it and leaving with a goodbye “Ma’am,” towards my guest.

“Have a seat, doll,” I replied, nodding towards the lone chair that was placed in front of my desk. She was all poise and class walking over and it caught my eye; I’d be lying if I said she hadn’t caught my eye, but it’s rare for me to get the type of girl that she clearly was coming into my office. “What seems to be the problem?”

“I need your help, Mr. Hollywood,” she began. “I need you to find out who murdered my father.”

“What makes you think he was murdered, Miss…?”

“Vane, Mr. Hollywood,” she said, giving me a smile. “Pigvian Vane. I’m sure you’ve heard of my father, Horace; he’s one of the leading businessmen in all of Los Angeles.” Her face dropped, however, and she turned away. “He was, anyway,” she whispered.

Turning back to look at me, those blue eyes of her seemingly pinning me to the desk with sheer determination, she said, “I even have a suspect for you – Count Herbert Gonzolo, my father’s business partner. I’m convinced he was involved somehow.”

I couldn’t help but chuckle at that. Not at her belief, but well, plenty of my clients have come in and told me the story of who they think is involved in the case they’ve come to seek me out about and in ninety-nine percent of those cases, they’re wrong.

“Okay sweetheart,” I said. “If you’re so convinced about your father’s killer, then why come to me? Usually people see a private investigator when they need to find out who did it.”

“Silly me,” she giggled. “And here I thought you also investigated crimes. Was I wrong?”

I answered her with a smile. “You weren’t wrong,” I whispered. “But if you know the identity of the killer, again, why come to me? Why not go to the police and have this Count checked out and arrested?”

“That’s exactly why I’ve come to you,” Vane replied. “My father was a very important figure, Mr. Hollywood and by that extension, so is the Count. I certainly can’t go around accusing him of murder and not come out from a scandal, can I? Besides, it’s only a hunch, a theory; I can’t say that I have any evidence to prove it.”

“Start from the beginning.”

“The Count and my father started business together about ten years ago,” she started. “I won’t lie, Mr. Hollywood, there has always been something about the Count that I’ve never liked. Unfortunately, my father’s businesses and his money weren’t the only things the Count liked.”

I couldn’t say I blamed the guy, even without ever meeting him. For a pig, she was definitely easy on the eyes, very easy, and she would probably make a guy a very happy man one day.

“Anyway,” continued Vane. “There have been a host of mysterious and suspicious things going on with the Count ever since my father’s death and some of the statements he’s made to me has me thinking that he knows more than he’s telling. And that’s why I’ve come to you.

“Maybe I’m being emotional or overwrought, but I know something than meets the eye is going on. I just need someone to believe that that’s true.”

It was hard to turn her down, after all, I prided myself on being to help people that the police couldn’t. It could be like any other case that I’ve done before, but I had to admit, this one seemed special. Giving her a reassuring smile, I nodded. “Ms. Vane,” I said. “I’ll take the case.”

Two weeks to the day of Kermit’s announcement of the possibility of making another movie, nearly all of the Muppets met in their famed theater for a Monday meeting. It wasn’t unheard of for the entire clan to meet, however through the years, the morning meeting had been reduced to that of the seven principals who usually met.

The Monday meetings had always been opened and it was very rare in which Kermit would call the entire group together unless it was for a major announcement.

Both Scooter and Piggy were reasonably nervous, as they weren’t sure what Kermit was going to actually tell everyone. He had told them he planned on telling the whole group not only about his idea, but would also pass out the script and tell them who wrote it; he wasn’t sure yet if he wanted everyone to know the director until they had all read the script and would hopefully, feel the same way he and Piggy did.

That point he thought would go over easy – it was a solid story and he knew that several of them enjoyed a good mystery. The fact that it had been written by one of their own would certainly boost the possibility of everyone being onboard; telling them that Piggy would be their director would be a bit more troublesome, however Kermit couldn’t really think anyone would have major problems with it.

The theater was a bustle of people, with everyone clamoring for seats within the auditorium - Floyd Pepper was trying to calm and quiet a sugar high Animal, who had somehow gotten a hold of some extra sweet cookies; Lew Zealand was trying to get one of his flying fish back from Sam the Eagle, who had been hit by said fish; Link Hogthrob was complaining about the fact that he had to move in order to let the penguins through because he had wanted an entire row to himself.

Scooter took his seat next to Piggy within the second row, a placement that had long since decided was theirs due to their proximity to the frog; Gonzo, Fozzie, and Rowlf must have had the same idea, as they were also usually found within the first three rows whenever Kermit made such an announcement.

And speaking of announcements, Kermit took his obligatory place at the front of the chaos, a position he had since settled into as the years had gone by. Taking a seat on the stage barrier that separated the orchestra pit from that of the audience, the frog cleared his throat several times, trying to get everyone to settle down.

He of course wasn’t having much success.

In most of these cases, he’d usually turn to that of Electric Mayhem’s drummer to get everyone to be quiet, but he could see the trouble that his handler and handler’s girlfriend were having, so he resorted to his number two person.

Gesturing to his own girlfriend, he watched as Piggy stood before he heard a loud whistle, which did the trick of getting everyone to stop and find out where it had come from.

“Alright, losers, listen up!”

Turning back around and taking her seat once more, the diva gestured to the front of the stage. “Mon Capitan.”

“Thank you, darlin’,” the frog began. “Morning everybody! Thank you all for being here, for those of you that came. A couple of reminders before we get started – firstly, do not leave out sweets; as you can clearly see, Animal gets a little hyper when he’s had too much sugar.”

“SUGAR! SUGAR!” the drummer exclaimed, excitedly.

“Down, Animal!” Floyd cried, yanking on the drummer’s leash. “Heel, man! Heel!”

“Secondly,” the frog continued. “Please make sure you return all explosive materials. The last thing we need is for a certain someone to come into contact with said materials.”

“I’ll take care of it, Kermit,” Gonzo shouted, grimacing as he did. It was his fault that he left that stuff out; he really should have known better, but in the excitement, he had completely forgot. “My bad!”

“Now on to business…”

Everyone applauded.

“Very funny,” he said, sarcastically. “Laugh riot, all of you. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I thought it might be a good time to start thinking about doing another movie.”

Everyone made their approval with the idea, turning to their neighbors for additional discussion.

“Okay, okay,” Kermit said. “Quiet down. I take it we all like that idea?”

“What’s the story, Uncle Kermit?” asked Robin the Frog, Kermit’s nephew.

“Good question, Robin,” the adult frog replied. “So, as I mentioned in a previous meeting, I didn’t have an idea.”

“How’re we gonna make a movie without an idea?” Floyd questioned.

“Well, shut up, Floyd, and maybe Kermit will tell us,” Piggy retorted, turning in her seat to correct the bassist. Turning back around, Piggy said, “Kermie.”

“As I said,” the frog continued. “I didn’t have an idea, at the time. But, as luck would have it, an idea presented itself to me.” Nodding to Beauregard the Janitor and Walter, the two quickly got up and began to pass out scripts. “Ladies and gentlemen, the script to our new movie.”

“Wow, that was quick,” Gonzo replied, immediately flipping through his copy. “You wrote up a script in two weeks? I’m impressed, Frog.”

“Me too, Kermit,” Fozzie said. “You didn’t even mention it during breakfast.”

“That’s because I didn’t write it,” Kermit said, smiling when he saw the looks of confusion on everyone’s faces. “Meet the writer of your script.”

If everyone was confused from discovering that Kermit hadn’t written the script, they were equally surprised when it was Scooter who stood. “Scooter, why don’t you give everyone a little background about your story?”

The red head was equally surprised; he had just thought Kermit was going to mention that he had written the script, he certainly didn’t think he’d be called upon to actually discuss the script. But Scooter hadn’t been to all of those meetings to not learn about how to present oneself to people, be it investors, producers, or even his friends.

“It was an idea I had when I took scriptwriting,” he started. “Hope you all enjoy a mystery. For now, just read through the script and get a feel for the overall story; you’ve got three days to read it and let us know what you think.” Turning to Kermit, the red head was relieved to see his timeline was approved.

“Why three days?” asked Dr. Teeth.

“Because Thursday,” Kermit replied, making a sly glance towards Piggy. “You’ll be meeting with the director.”