Hostess Brands closing for good due to baker's strike

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Does anyone thyink that maybe Hostess is bluffing to get the striking workers back...I know they said they weren't but you never know...at any right I'm sure someone will buy up the product names and assets much as Toys r us bought (But never used) kb toys name or that Someone bought the circuit city name

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does anyone thyink that maybe Hostess is bluffing to get the striking workers back...
It's too late. They just were looking for an excuse to close the company, and they were using the unions as a scapegoat. There was no way they were going to last, even with massive everybody but CEO paycuts. Companies emerge from bankruptcy always go back to bankruptcy, Boarders and K.B. Toys are perfect examples. What really needed to happen was a buy out by Kraft or Kelloggs months if not years ago.

I'm sure someone will buy up the product names and assets much as Toys r us bought (But never used) kb toys name or that Someone bought the circuit city name
TRU doesn't need to have KB, and whoever owns Circuit City doesn't need to revise it. If Hostess is absorbed by Kraft or Kelloggs (or someone else), they'll no doubt keep the bigger names of the brand.

Seriously, I think TRU should have revised KB to a discount toy store that sells discontinued or overstock toys cheap. That was the only good thing about K.B. other than location.

mr3urious

Reaction score
What really needed to happen was a buy out by Kraft or Kelloggs months if not years ago.
Mexican bakery giant Grupo Bimbo was going to buy them out at one point, but Hostess refused.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It sounds like that might be a reality in todays headlines...the fact twinkies would be made by a company named bimbo is somewhat funny actually

DannyRWW

Reaction score
and I think Toys R Us bought KB to make sure no one else but the name of a recognized competitor.. just a hunch though....

Vincent L

Reaction score
Which explains why B&L owns the Twinkie brand :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
and I think Toys R Us bought KB to make sure no one else but the name of a recognized competitor.. just a hunch though....
And the fact TRU can charge whatever the heck it wants to half the time. I know of one that raises prices for no reason every other month.

It sounds like that might be a reality in todays headlines...the fact twinkies would be made by a company named bimbo is somewhat funny actually
And they should have. I'm just saying. Arrogance lead to the downfall. Jobs could have been saved, it was inevitable that Wonderbread was going under.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The best thing that ever happened to the Twinkie was back in the 70's, when they covered it in chocolate and called it the Chocodile. (They had a crocodile mascot, but the brand only lasted about a year, but what a year it was!)

I think it's hysterical all the hoarding going on and people selling Twinkies on ebay for outrageous sums. Again, too bad for all the unemployed grunt people, shame on the higher-ups and union bosses, and too bad a brand like Hostess is vanishing from the earth. But at least we still have Drake's and Tastycakes around here for those who still need their munchie fix. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
TBut at least we still have Drake's and Tastycakes around here for those who still need their munchie fix. :smile:
I miss Tastycakes :frown:

I'm pretty sure they are a regional thing since I have never seen them in the south...