The Muppet Mindset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, so Ryan/Prawny's been on vacation down at WDW since Thursday, August 2 2012. That explains why all the articles have stockpiled on each other with that date. And here I thought he'd thrown out his calendar in protest of the bland stock-photo 2013 Muppet daily calendar. I heard there's a better one on sale on the interwebs. :shifty:
Have fun in O'lando buddy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today the Mindset posted my article, Top Ten Richard Hunt Characters: http://themuppetmindset.blogspot.com/2012/08/ten-favorite-richard-hunt-characters.html

After looking at this, there's something I regret not doing. For the Forgetful Jones, entry, I jokingly remarked that I forget who he is, but he must have been a great Richard Hunt character to be in that list. I should have said, "He must be one of Richard Hunt's characters if I put him on this list but not Miss Piggy or Elmo". Too bad I can't go back in time to before I wrote the article.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been looking at the "other posts" page, which indexes various series of articles, and I noticed that it doesn't list the "Muppet Retro Reviews" series yet (I know there's only two retro reviews so far, but hopefully there'll be more soon). Just thought I'd point it out.

I thought of an idea for a series of articles that might be cool. A series where contributors reflect on past articles they've written, maybe provide facts on the thought process, ideas we've had for the articles that we decided against, decisions we wished we hadn't made, maybe point out any irony that might have occured in the articles, stuff like that. I can think of a number of things to say about some of my articles.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Great review of SST Old School Volume 3 on the Mindset today. The fact Sonia Manzano recorded an audio commentary for Episode 1316 and she has so much fun in watching that again made me light up with a big smile.
But uh Ryan, you might want to check the link linking to Muppet Wiki's Old School 3 page, when I clicked on that it brought up a "404 Page Not Found" message.
Hope this helps. :jim:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Ryan will not be returning to the forums. I am not sure why. He posted it on Facebook not too long ago. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*In :super: voice: Hubba-wha? ! ?

Ryan 'Prawny' 'theprawncracker' Duke of Chutney chest of drawers Lisa's other half not returning to Muppet Central forums?
But... He... No!
*Head explodes.

Ryan, do we have to remind you of Madam Heap's final words of wisdom to all silly creatures? You cannot leave the magic!
Please let this be only a temporary savatical as I can't fathom MC without one of my longest and fundamental friends.
*Looks back at that class of 2005 with deep fondness.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I know, it's sad. Like you said, I hope it's just short term. I haven't talked to him in a while. :frown:

Hubert

Reaction score
*waits for Casey to scream "April Fools"*

*he doesn't*

*sobs*

jvcarroll

Reaction score
:attitude: My thoughts on the matter:

I believe there's been a wide objection by many people concerning the recent news coverage at Muppet Central.

Even though reputable news sources reported on a particular controversial story, MC facebooked, emailed, tweeted and advertised the tabloid tale on the main page thus fanning the flames and the damage to a good person's reputation.

I'm thankful that we fans had a place to respectfully voice support and concern on the forum, but I really think it's time to delete the references to this through all of MC's Internet presence. Pooling all the comments in one place is great because the fans were able to vent and now that can be tied-off and excised in order to prevent any further damage. You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube, but you can remove the mess.

People who want to know the salacious details of this story can find a wealth of news elsewhere.

To be clear, I think MC should delete the threads, the main page headlines, the articles, the tweets and the faceook updates pertaining to Monday's headline. I hope you guys do that. Thanks :jim: