Disney in talks to acquire Hasbro

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
He's only got one more film anyway, before someone else gets their hands on it.
And that someone else couldn't possibly do a worse job than Bay. And I'm not just talking about Transformers, I hated Armageddon and Pearl Harbor too. That man is all style and no substance and it's painful. He's part of the reason Hollywood is dying and good riddance! Lol

Plus, I doubt Disney would be much of an improvement... I'm looking at you Inspector Gadget and Underdog.
Point taken, lol. It's just these ridiculous remakes in general. People go to them because they have hope but time and again hope is dashed by misplaced hype.

robodog

Reaction score
I actually like the Transformers movies. I know they're full of plotholes and stupid moments, but God help me, I still enjoy them for some reason. Of course I'd prefer they be better than they are but since that didn't happen I enjoy what we got and hope something better comes along eventually. The original animated Transformer film is still the best Transformers movie though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
hope something better comes along eventually.
But why should something better come along when the Bay movies have made money? When we give them money, we're saying we don't mind settling.

That's why these low quality remakes keep getting made. Audiences keep hoping "well this one has to be better." But it rarely is. It's hype.

It's like reality shows. Why should Television stop making them when they're making money? Never mind they're low quality!

robodog

Reaction score
The Bay movies haven't recieved much money from me. I didn't see any of them at the theatre nor do I own any of the DVDs. I generally just watch them when they come on TV. Actually that's pretty much how I see anything since I'm only one small step above a shut in at this point. I just don't have money to spend on movies or DVDs. I have to kind of pick and choose what I spend what little free cash I have on. Movies and DVDs rarely make the cut even if it's something I'm dying to see.
But I think we may have reached a catch 22 situation with these things at this point. If they make money than the studios will see no reason to make improvements on the sequels. If they flop the studios will figure people are sick of Transformers films and not make any more. Heaven forbid they try to make a better product just for the sake of art.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But I think we may have reached a catch 22 situation with these things at this point. If they make money than the studios will see no reason to make improvements on the sequels. If they flop the studios will figure people are sick of Transformers films and not make any more. Heaven forbid they try to make a better product just for the sake of art.
It is amazing how tone deaf Hollywood can be sometimes. After so many decades you'd think they'd understand audiences a little better, lol. I think a lot of the problem is business people making the artistic decisions.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Point taken, lol. It's just these ridiculous remakes in general. People go to them because they have hope but time and again hope is dashed by misplaced hype.
There's so many of them that are in name only and don't do the research. Even if a film isn't that great, I'll give it credit for doing research. Inspector Gadget failed on that level. Metro City was replaced with Riverton, no exploding messages, the real world Brain and Mad Cat (a White cat, mind you)... they couldn't even get his catch phrase right. Even the sequel attempted to reference the cartoon with some Mad Agents from the show having cameos and Dr. Claw hiding himself and speaking in a gravely voice. So, I actually like the second better just for that.

Now, as bad as the Bayformers movies are, they did do something that these remakes should. They cast Peter Cullen as Optimus and threw in (at least the first film) references to the Transformers cartoons and movie. It doesn't make the writing and accidental pro-military message any better... but there was a level of care taken to detail. I think Bay's a bad director in every sense of the word, but at least there was room for saying he actually does dig the source material. Especially when it comes to movies that just don't care. This is basically Bay playing with his toys, just having bad stories acted out.

Still, I want him to stay away from TMNT... but I also want Tim Hill and M. Night Shabbadoo to stay away as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now, as bad as the Bayformers movies are, they did do something that these remakes should. They cast Peter Cullen as Optimus and threw in (at least the first film) references to the Transformers cartoons and movie. It doesn't make the writing and accidental pro-military message any better... but there was a level of care taken to detail. I think Bay's a bad director in every sense of the word, but at least there was room for saying he actually does dig the source material.
Kudos for bringing back Peter Cullen, but I disagree that he did his homework. There were too many out of character moments.

Lola p

Reaction score
NO! NO!

I will shut up when you buy Marvel. I will be ok with you buying Lucas Films.

BUT, Disney, If you so much as LOOK at My Ponies....

*Starts ranting about the issue*