TV Alert: Sesame Street Hurricane Special on Friday November 9

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So I missed the episode, and i'm not clearly understanding what you guys are describing what happened. Did they just show the street stories for the entire hour? Or did it follow the current format, with Murray tune- ins, WotS, AFFS, etc.? And how were the transitions incorporated for the street scenes?
They showed street stories for the whole hour and transitions like the stars, the hole in the street, and the bus were used to go from one story to the next. Maybe someone else could describe it better.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In other words, the typical chalk-drawing transitions.

ncchuck

Reaction score
i thought it was a sad story this needs on dvd I LOVE BIG BIRD and i thought it flowed like a show not something that was clipped together , they just used the big bird segments no letters or numbers of the day but it did have the new opening .

Hubert

Reaction score
i thought it was a sad story this needs on dvd I LOVE BIG BIRD and i thought it flowed like a show not something that was clipped together , they just used the big bird segments no letters or numbers of the day but it did have the new opening .
If I'm correct, there was this DVD which I think is pretty much the same type thing:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Friends_to_the_Rescue

I'm sure one of the SST superfans will be able to correct me if I'm wrong.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So, did anyone see this condensed special? I'm going to assume that they left out any references to the letters and numbers of the days... and I also can't help but wonder if they, perhaps, omitted the parts involving Al Roker and Kermit the Frog?
They did the right thing in only dealing with the aftermath of the hurricane, and not showing the entire process. The message was to comfort kids after it happened, not warn them for next time. It would have been great to see Kermit, sure, but I don't see any reason to show what a hurricane is when the kids have already been through it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The entire special, "Sesame Street Gets Through a Storm" is now available to watch on-line...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes it's ethier that, or there something else beucase I do recall seeing some behind the scences shots for this.