Who knows about your fandom?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Kermit actually gave that advice in the reprinted book of "Before You Leap." He said when people ask you if it's true just to start gossip just tell them "their right" because then they'll get bored and move onto something else. I always knew Kermit was smart. :smile: You know how the saying goes "Kill'em with Kindness."

Vincent L

Reaction score
I hide my fandom from everyone, even family. So MC is my only outlet.
But I once tried asking a exchange student about Muppets, and turned out she's also a fan :smile:
At least one person in real life knows. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's like when I bought my Kermit book on Friday I went to check out and the girl was like "Oh my I love that book!!" I love when someone surprises me with being a Muppet fan. :big_grin:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
My family, and some close friends. I usually don't tell people things of which I'm a fan unless it comes up.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's like when I bought my Kermit book on Friday I went to check out and the girl was like "Oh my I love that book!!" I love when someone surprises me with being a Muppet fan. :big_grin:
I have that a lot at the libraries. I always walk out with a whole bunch of Henson related stuff. Last time, the person asked me if I seen the Dark Crystal, she said that was her favorite movie. :smile:

robodog

Reaction score
The public may mock the Muppets and dismiss them as childish. This is the same public that made garbage like "The Jersey Shore" a hit. Thus the public does not have a single leg to stand on. The worst of The Muppets is better than the best of anything related to reality television.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
*still trying to get past the hideous idea of boy-band shippy fic...bad slash, no doubt...*

Everyone in my life knows I like Muppets. When adults look at me funny I explain that the original humor of TMS was akin to classic burlesque comedy, just slightly toned down -- not "kid fare". That usually surprises them enough to not say another word. All my hippie "aunts & uncles" are huge Muppet fans and I constantly send them Muppet video clips.
------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
See I don't even bother explaning it to people because when I get weird looks like I shouldn't be into Muppets because they think their only for preschoolers that just tells me it's not worth explaning cause they won't get it.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I am sure my mom does, but I am now the only one who enjoys Muppets more than she does. Very sad and true... at the same time.