Who knows about your fandom?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Just my husband. No one else around me gets it. If I told them they'd look at me like I'm an alien or something.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
My family knows about it. Everybody in my grade and the other grades too also know about it, becuase last year, when it became known that I was a Muppet fan, I was given one heck of a year. (And I mean that in a bad way).
I haven't really been bothered this year, maybe they all just grew up already. But it seems to be that everyone has a problem with my fandom. The new movie definatley helped that, becuase when my family saw it, they all loved it.

But every once in a while, I get a stupid remark about the Muppets. It's been getting less and less, but still...
Oh, yes, that happened to me a lot last year. "Muppetboy!" "Muppets are for three year olds" "You're so immature!" :rolleyes: I feel you, Mitchell.

Hubert

Reaction score
I actually love the hate, in a way. It makes me feel unique, that I'm going against the normal grain of the world. To be honest, if being a Muppet fan was accepted, I would avoid being one.

I feel you, Mitchell.
*sincerely hopes that was not meant on a literal sense*

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Someone on YouTube... I actually posted this in another thread awhile back. But someone messaged me that I was a Kermit and Piggy wannabe and that I must not have much of a life outside of it because of that. And then I got one saying "the comments that I make on Muppet videos makes it seem like I'm better then anyone and acting like I know everything about the Muppets." I apologized that I didn't mean to come off that way but when I feel people need to be corrected on facts I won't just keep my mouth shut.

This is why I hate the internet sometimes because so many things can be taken the wrong way.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I actually love the hate, in a way. It makes me feel unique, that I'm going against the normal grain of the world. To be honest, if being a Muppet fan was accepted, I would avoid being one.

*sincerely hopes that was not meant on a literal sense*
Like Gonzo, I actually say thank you to the haters. Just to be different. :smile:

Oh, and no. I don't physically feel him. That would be creepy. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Someone on YouTube... I actually posted this in another thread awhile back. But someone messaged me that I was a Kermit and Piggy wannabe and that I must not have much of a life outside of it because of that.
Typical YouTube comment, a lot of bizarrely hostile people on there, lol.

And then I got one saying "the comments that I make on Muppet videos makes it seem like I'm better then anyone and acting like I know everything about the Muppets."
Sheesh was this person in middle school? Lol (No offense to middle school)

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Typical YouTube comment, a lot of bizarrely hostile people on there, lol.
I actually took that as a compliment when they told me that. I ended up saying "Thank you I am really proud you recgonized that about me I take pride in being a K&P fan" I haven't heard anything back since then. Lol

Sheesh was this person in middle school? Lol (No offense to middle school)
Who knows...I personally don't think I'm a Muppet know it all but I know enough. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I actually took that as compliment when they told me that. I ended up saying "Thank you I am really proud you recgonized that about me I take pride in being a K&P fan" I haven't heard anything back since then. Lol
Lol, good answer. I have also found that politeness tends to throw those kinds of people, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know I think they were expecting a big rant back like me cussing them out and what not. So I think it backfired when I took it as a compliment. Like they wanna rile you up so they can start something.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I know I think they were expecting a big rant back like me cussing them out and what not. So I think it backfired when I took it as a compliment. Like they wanna rile you up so they can start something.
It's like what I've learned about gossip. Some people will try to start a gossip session with me and if I don't play along the conservation suddenly dies. They're just desperate for some gossip at that moment and you're not being any fun, lol.