The Felix The Cat Thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why DID he pay with wrenches?
The movie wasn't by any chance dubbed was it? I kept feeling like they were adding dialogue where it hadn't existed in the animation.

I'm surprised that movie didn't give NC a "Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's comin' to get me/Just say ya never met me/I'm movin' underground with the moles/I'm not sick, but I'm well/And I'm so hot/'Cause I'm in ****!"
Lol, yeah though I did like the "Random zone!" bit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The movie wasn't by any chance dubbed was it? I kept feeling like they were adding dialogue where it hadn't existed in the animation.
Are you thinking of that German-animated movie about Christopher Columbus and Piko the woodworm?

Mister Muppet

Reaction score
I used to love this guy I had a vhs of him which i used to watch over and over until it nearly broke:oops:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Are you thinking of that German-animated movie about Christopher Columbus and Piko the woodworm?
Well after seeing the review for that one it made me wonder if the same thing had happened to the Felix movie.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I didn't think the R&B movie was much like the original either, hehe.

But about Felix, I actually liked Felix as a character in the '80s movie. The plot just didn't really do him justice.
Yeah? Well I might be biased as I'm used to him not talking.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah I can understand that. It would be like if Harpo Marx suddenly started talking in movies.
I like the 1920's cartoons. I think it's hilarious how often he gets into trouble. He got into trouble six times in one seven minute cartoon. Ha ha.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Felix talked since the advent of Talkies, so it shouldn't be too strange. Most people seem to remember him from the King Features cartoons, and everything in the franchise seems to be a direct nod to that. Other than the Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat (and even in that case, Poindexter was in one episode of that series), the villains from the King Features series seem to follow in every production. They were integral characters in the 90's Black and White comic series. Not to mention the weird NES video game.