Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Im so far behind the news:frown: I thought it was just fans saying they thought the second movie was going to be akin to GMC. Hmm...

Will they actually film it in England? It was ok for them to film Paris in LA, but if its going to be based in the UK it should be filmed there.
There is talk about filming in England, so most likely yes.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yep! I saw the news on Facebook today!!! So exciting!! I'm glad to hear Bret McKenzie will be returning to write the music again. But they had already said they felt pretty confident they could get him again. I have a feeling the release date will probably stand as I'm sure Disney doesn't want it out around Thanksgiving since the last film was released around that time. And of course they need to remind us AGAIN that Jason won't be returning. :rolleyes:

I do hope that if the score is as good in this film as it was in the last one that it's on the soundtrack this time!!!! Now we can start singing:

"Everything is great, everything is grand
Because we have a whole new Muppet movie in the palm of our hands."
Wow so much news so fast
Considering their gonna be shooting in two months it's really not surprising news continues to come in.

Hubert

Reaction score
Very nice news updates going on here...a filming location, potential release date, all kinds of stuff...

And a release around Christmas would be pretty nice...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Very nice news updates going on here...a filming location, potential release date, all kinds of stuff...

And a release around Christmas would be pretty nice...
That'll pretty much be my Christmas present next year. :big_grin:

Hubert

Reaction score
Though last year it was supposed to be a Christmas release, but it ended up at Thanksgiving...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Though last year it was supposed to be a Christmas release, but it ended up at Thanksgiving...
Yeah I had thought of that too but I also keep thinking they might not want another Thanksgiving release. Disney might want this one as their big Christmas release.

Hubert

Reaction score
My only issue with a Christmas release is, in a way, the fact that it could be bad for the merch aspect, as people are already getting bombarded with toys around that time. Then again, more merch sales would be good around that time...