Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

beaker

Reaction score
So, looks like the Muppets film next November will be a spy/caper sort of film set in Europe(or specifically the UK), from what I gather. It'll probably be The Muppets: (insert james bondian/austin powers like title) HOPEFULLY this means our very own Luke and Warrick will have a hand in the production somehow:stick_out_tongue:

Speaking of casting, we have the first bit of casting news from The Hollywood Reporter, who revealed late last night that Oscar-winner Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained) is in talks to star in the film! The article says his role will be that of an Interpol inspector, one of a handful of non-cameo human roles in the film. The article also reveals some of the other human roles, a Russian femme fatale and a male lead whose intentions are always in question. Who would you most like to see playing these two roles? (I would be beyond thrilled if Neil Patrick Harris was cast as the male lead.)

For some reason that setup doesn't really interest me. Kept me away from Cars 2.
I get the whole trying to mimic the original trilogy...hmm, maybe this means the Muppets film in 2015 will be set in NYC? :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So, looks like the Muppets film next November will be a spy/caper sort of film set in Europe(or specifically the UK), from what I gather. It'll probably be The Muppets: (insert james bondian/austin powers like title) HOPEFULLY this means our very own Luke and Warrick will have a hand in the production somehow:stick_out_tongue:

Speaking of casting, we have the first bit of casting news from The Hollywood Reporter, who revealed late last night that Oscar-winner Christoph Waltz (Inglorious Basterds, Django Unchained) is in talks to star in the film! The article says his role will be that of an Interpol inspector, one of a handful of non-cameo human roles in the film. The article also reveals some of the other human roles, a Russian femme fatale and a male lead whose intentions are always in question. Who would you most like to see playing these two roles? (I would be beyond thrilled if Neil Patrick Harris was cast as the male lead.)

For some reason that setup doesn't really interest me. Kept me away from Cars 2.
I get the whole trying to mimic the original trilogy...hmm, maybe this means the Muppets film in 2015 will be set in NYC? :smile:
Some of this is actually kind of old news.

Hubert

Reaction score
I would take a NYC film...though I think that here they have to be careful not to just make a copy of GMC, but rather to throw in a completely new plot line in the city that still is remnant of GMC's occasionally.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i really think for the new movie they should release a kinect or just a regular xbox 360 wii and ps3 video game based on the new movie i would love it come on they didnt do one for the last one and sesame street has alot and every other disney movie gets one !

Hubert

Reaction score
I agree that a Muppet video game should be in order for one of these days...I think that it would be an essential piece of merch that many would buy.

I mean, if people are buying SST ones, why wouldn't they buy Muppets? :stick_out_tongue:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I do like the idea of video game. We had some really nice ones in the past (Muppet Party Cruise, Muppet Race Mania, Muppet Monster Adventure, etc.), but we really haven't had any in awhile. I'd love to see a new one, and I'm sure it would get a lot of attention.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
they should make one either based of last years movie or the upcoming one

Hubert

Reaction score
I think either one would work, though a video game based on this past movie would seem to make some sense, even though I'd personally prefer an original one. One based on the new movie has so many possibilities, everything from driving with 80s Robot to playing minigames when going to each character's jobs.

beaker

Reaction score
Some of this is actually kind of old news.
Im so far behind the news:frown: I thought it was just fans saying they thought the second movie was going to be akin to GMC. Hmm...

Will they actually film it in England? It was ok for them to film Paris in LA, but if its going to be based in the UK it should be filmed there.