The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Hubert

Reaction score
*waits for D'Snowth to be off time for some important negotiation meeting*

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Guys, guys, guys. It's all about the candy. Candy lobbyist tried for years to get the DST changeover pushed back until after Halloween. More daylight hours earlier in eve, more little kids out trick-or-treating, more candy sold. Simple industry lobbying power.

I have no problem with it. I'll be glad when this sorry state gets back in line with the rest of the country instead of pretending to be on the Pacific Coast!
-------------

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Had a bit of a blonde moment when I told the bus driver to stop by a line of trees that led to my folks house. Then said to stop (and I quote) "by the tree. Erm, tree? Road!" The driver then asked me if I was okay.

I'm really not helping my stereotype. Least it made the driver chuckle. :embarrassed:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I bought a stylus thinking it would be a great replacement for my tablet pen.

I was wrong...

Luckily, a friend of my mum's has offered to order some replacement nibs for my pen and I'm getting an iPad for Christmas anyway, so I guess I could let that one slide.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Tablet pens run on magnets. The nib is literally just a piece of plastic that controls the strength of the magnet through pressure. Seriously, if you hold the pen in a certain way with your finger covering the plastic, it will still work.

styluses run on something entirely different that mimics your body's electromagnetic currents or something like that. Not sure the exact science :stick_out_tongue:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Yeah, I think the plastic bit on my pen doesn't work. It used to click, but now it's just limp...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
O_0

What do you mean by "it used to click...?"

Are you saying that it will not stay in the pen and falls out?