I Miss the Munsters :(

Drtooth

Reaction score
They only aired this pilot because it was way too expensive to just toss aside. They considered filming extra footage and making it a telefilm. It really seems that the expense is the real reason this show was passed over. It wasn't by any means bad. They've picked up and aired worse (the Event. The show where "Da Alienz did it!" :rolleyes: very creative).

This really would have worked on a cable channel. I kinda wish that someone would pick it up. But I'm sure they'd have to seriously cut the budget if that happened.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really like Me-TV, but I HATE the fact that the Weekday and Saturday daytime line up is infested with Cowboy shows.
TV Land was, and still is, NOTORIOUS for that: however, unlike having a little more variety to the line up like Me-TV, TV Land just keeps filling their lineup with just Gunsmoke and Bonanza (speaking of which, I do get a kick out of that episode where Hoss Cartwright is dressed up like the Easter Bunny, and "Uncle Leo" is one of the bad guys, lol).

I don't know, it's almost kind of like how you're always talking about daytime TV being infested with courtroom shows and such.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's why it stinks. Cable companies bought up rights to sitcom reruns so they naught rerun them, daytime television IF it has a sitcom rerun will rerun it in the evening and ONLY current and semi-current shows. The oldest being Seinfeld, which is around 20 years old at this point. And when you finally get a channel that shows older stuff, there's such a lack of variety in the middle of the day. I love how Me_TV has the completely unlicensable Batman TV show on Saturdays, and a lot of their shows are great, just at hours I don't want to watch them. But the middle of the day? Completely identical cowboy shows. They added Hawaii 5-0 and Emergency, but even on Saturday Afternoons, it's all the same Cowboy shows.

There's a great library of classic shows out there. Why can't we see half of it unless we buy DVD's? And that's even if DVD's are available.

Bonus fail points for a retro network NOT trying to get a Retro Sat Am line up.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's why I do invest in the DVDs, especially considering the episodes are not only in superior quality, but also, in most cases, uncut as well. Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, Green Acres (though MGM has left us hanging for seven years), M*A*S*H, Sanford and Son, I gots all of these. My mom has a bunch of uncut Andy Griffith tapes, and somehow, CBS doesn't seem to care that people are always posting full episodes of Hogan's Heroes on YouTube.

Drtooth

Reaction score
When it comes to DVD's, I mostly spend my money on animation. Live action movies too, but mostly animation. The only sitcoms I have on DVD are Third Rock from the Sun and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Not that I wouldn't buy the whole of Get Smart if I had the cash. And I usually borrow the Mork and Mindy DVD's. But some sitcoms I like just enough to watch on television, and not to buy the sets of.

Plus, I hate how the ALF ones are syndicated cuts. Otherwise, I would have got them by now.

And I really should get the Munsters and Addams Family on DVD. I like Monster shows.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I mean, that's the excuse they're giving for refusing to carry Boomerang... which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense, considering they've carried Noggin (now Nick Jr., like we all predicted it would) all this time, and they never had any actual commercials, just breaks consisting of little segments and promos among other things.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Don't forget the theme song. It always gets in my head sometimes.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Was never an original "Munsters" fan...which was, after all, just a schlocky ripoff of "The Addams Family," which in turn was NEVER as much fun as Charles Addams' original cartoons.

I was prepared to hate "Mockingbird Lane". Caught the first five minutes. Sat down. Giggled madly throughout. Now I want a parts-n-pieces guy I can reboot with Mac OS 10.5...

-------------

Hubert

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. Comcast/xfinity refuses to offer Boomerang since it's (supposedly) a commercial-free channel.
Yeah...Boomerang is commercial free...except when it isn't... :smirk:

I mean, Boomerang is so random...half the time they don't have any commercials in shows, and then the other half it seems they go commercial crazy to make up for lost commercials...