Your Thoughts: Jerry Nelson Tribute at The Moving Image Museum

ProboSowa

Reaction score
Very well said, Muppetfan. The event truly was magical.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Here are videos uploaded by Spielbreik06 of various clips from the Jerry Nelson tribute.

Bill Barretta's Speech (Better Quality)

Louise Gold's Speech (Better Quality)

A Life in Pictures

Jerry Nelson's Singing Reel

The Henson Vault

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
I made such a jerk of myself talking to these Muppet performers. It was the first time I ever met any of them, and I was pretty much speechless - I swear, for a few minutes, I reverted to the four year old who revered these guys. Luckily, they were all kind. :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, the event was sad, moving, hilarious, and beautiful all it once. Very Muppety. If Mr. Nelson had been present in physical form, it would have been perfect.

Reaction score
aw, I wish I could*ve been there!!! thanks to everyone who posted about it! :smile: man, i love jerry! i*m glad i got to reach out to him on twitter; he*s one cool cat! p.s. if there*s anyone out there reading this right now who has the jerry merch but doesn*t want it, please feel free to send it to me (esp. the button!)! LOL* :wink:

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Folks,
I'm hoping this will get seen, despite this being related to an older event. I just watched the final episode of Fraggle Rock, completing the series after watching all of the DVDs on the season boxed sets. While watching the last episode, and after seeing the second-to-last one, I was expecting to see something, but I never did. For anyone who attended this event, is it just me or did they play a clip at the tribute with Gobo on Doc's floor, wearing something all-white, almost looking like a sort of Fraggle underwear, seeming to be Doc and Gobo's first meeting? I feel like they said it was part of the last episode, at the tribute, but I never saw this clip. I'm wondering if it was some rare out-take or alternate cut. Please help clear this all up for me, if you can. Thanks, a lot!

-Zach

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Here are videos uploaded by Spielbreik06 of various clips from the Jerry Nelson tribute.

<snip>
The Henson Vault

WOW! Wowee!. That is just THE BEST version of 'Friendship I have EVER seen or heard! - and I thought that one version I'd seen live and one particular CD of a studio cast album were good!. But this eclipses both: the version I saw live in the 2001 (Lost Musicals) production of DuBarry Was A Lady - which was pretty amazing! the version JAY/TER Studio Cast album of Anything Goes is brilliant!.
I guess because this one has a very genuine Friendship, and anyway it has Jerry Nelson's singing talents, and that magical combination of Jerry & Louise. (though Louise does sing Cole Porter, and especially Cole Porter songs written for Ethel Merman, well under any circumstances), there was always something extra special about her duets with Jerry. that is TRULY AMAZING!