Dragon*Con 2012: My Muppet Experience

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I believe Voiceroy on these forums said that there will be Muppety guests next year, but he can't confirm who yet:fanatic:
Noooo! No way! You heard of separation of church and state? The same thing applies here, a separation of Muppets and cons. If it were something like Muppet Fest, a strictly all-things Muppet/Henson/Creature Shop/etc convention for Muppet Freaks, that'd be one thing, but "Muppets" and "con" don't belong in the same sentence together!

Walter

Reaction score
Noooo! No way! You heard of separation of church and state? The same thing applies here, a separation of Muppets and cons. If it were something like Muppet Fest, a strictly all-things Muppet/Henson/Creature Shop/etc convention for Muppet Freaks, that'd be one thing, but "Muppets" and "con" don't belong in the same sentence together!
You seem to be under the impression that this was strictly an "anime convention". It wasn't. Dragon*Con is all about celebrating the many different aspects of the art and entertainment industry. Including, but not limited to, filmmaking, comic illustrating, writing, and puppetry.

It was a great way for Muppet fans to get together and have fun! Everyone was extremely kind, and until we do get a "Muppet Convention" This is working great:smile:.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey Walter was the other Muppeter you are trying to think of name David Stephens? He is a Puppet builder/prefromer who is on my friends list on Facebook. He has worked and played Banjo with Jerry on SS and has worked on other Henson related projects.

Walter

Reaction score
Hey Walter was the other Muppeter you are trying to think of name David Stephens? He is a Puppet builder/prefromer who is on my friends list on Facebook. He has worked and played Banjo with Jerry on SS and has worked on other Henson related projects.
That's him!!! Thank you so much dwayne!!!:fanatic:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Slackbot, it was a pleasure to meet you and Janken at the con. I was the guy in the front of the line at the Muppet panel. Janken and I talked about my iPad, and we ended up sitting next to each other in the panel. Really nice to get to meet you!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I was at Dragon*Con, but unfortunately didn't get to meet many people from MC who were there (I hung out mostly with the puppeteers in and around the puppetry track), although I did meet Slackbot!

Here is some video of Peter Linz, Leslie Carrara Rudolph and David Stephens working the line outside Sunday night's late night puppet slam along with Gordon Smuder, who co-created the web series "Transylvania TV" (and posts here on the MC Forums). The slam had approx. 1,000 people in attendance (the line-up was huge). There is also a little bit of Leslie's puppet slam piece "Cookie Panel" with her character Lolly Lardpop later on in the video:

Walter

Reaction score
Awesome video! Next year I will definately try to attend PuppetSlam.:fanatic:

(Lol.. Theo is hilarious! It was really cool seeing him again at the panel after haven't seeing Between The Lions in a few years. )

Thanks for sharing that video Buck.:smile:

Walter

Reaction score
Sorry to double-post, but I had to update... David Stephens was kind enough to upload his tribute song to Youtube! You can view it, here..

It's really truly amazing.. isn't it?

Walter

Reaction score
*sniffle*
Yeah, I know.. The line about him breathing clear gets me every time.. Even though I am unbearably sad he's gone.. The thought of him being happy and healthy after all that.. It makes things a little bit better..