Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd have to look later on :smile: I got distracted and put on Sonia's audio commentary, and I'm a bit too lazy to stop it and go and get Disc 2 at the moment.
Doesn't the booklet list the bonus segments?

Does the set contain any "Teeny Little Super Guy" segments?

Does the set include any of the following rare characters from this era: Aristotle, Deena and Pearl, or Leslie Mostly?

I know that many older episodes have the theme music playing at the end of the shows as the sponsors are announced, even on episodes that don't have end credits. I wonder how that's handled here. I wonder if Sesame Workshop has any copies of these episodes without the music playing at the beginning and ending, since when the music plays there is often talking over the music. I wonder if the music is muted or if any dialogue during these scenes are redubbed (in the old days a different character announced the sponsors by voice-over, so it shouldn't be too hard to replace those).

Seriously... How can a TV show NOT OWN it's own theme song? I'd love to see someone explain that one.
In the book Street Gang, it says that the producers decided from the beginning to let the songwriters own the rights to songs written for the show, so they could get the best songwriters possible and because the show was a non-profit production. Still, it's weird for the opening to be cut now after all these years. Also interesting in that it seems Sesame Workshop has never had any problems with releasing any song written especially for the show on any commercial release. I wonder if other Joe Raposo tunes are on here (I know Jon Stone and Bruce Hart are also credited with writing the theme).

KSiteTV

Reaction score
You are right, I did check the booklet and there are 5 on each, plus four "Behind the Scenes" bits.

I didn't watch all of the Classic Cuts, so I can't speak for the rare characters... you'd have to see for yourself. I was mostly excited to see Forgetful Jones again... he was a favorite when I was a kid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Season 11 bonus has 5 clips/segments under "bonus" plus audio commentary by Sonia Menzano. There's also one in there that would surely be "something that needs to be cleared," but it worked out.
I'm pretty sure I know what that is. I've seen the back cover which has an image and I know it was in season 11.

Kasey Kockroach

Reaction score
I'm hoping I don't have to buy that "Best of Ernie and Bert" VHS tape just to get a copy of I Don't Want to Live on the Moon. xD

KSiteTV

Reaction score
If there's a way I can spoiler-tag here (I'm new to the forum), I'd be happy to list all of the extras... I just don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to be surprised.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Has anybody heard about what Classic Cuts will be on the Old School Vol. 3 DVD yet?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do the episodes have introductions like the first two sets do? Are there any "disclaimers" that the set is intended for nostalgiac adults?

If there's a way I can spoiler-tag here (I'm new to the forum), I'd be happy to list all of the extras... I just don't want to ruin it for anyone who wants to be surprised.
I feel like there's a way but not entirely sure.

KSiteTV

Reaction score
Do the episodes have introductions like the first two sets do? Are there any "disclaimers" that the set is intended for nostalgiac adults?
I didn't see/notice any. Each episode has a very cheaply drawn title card "Sesame Street, Old School Volume 3" that I think is said by Carroll Spinney as Big Bird with the episode number, but no warning about educational curriculums etc.

The menus have clips from the given episodes/extras running in the background.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
See the "A" icon? That's text color. If you change the text to white, text will appear invisible. The only way to make white text visible is to highlight. And that's how you can hide spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.