Remembering Jerry Nelson (July 10, 1934-August 23, 2012)

theSHE124

Reaction score
Uh, Colette (right?), are we supposed to know better when younger? :confused: As far as I know, back in the 2nd Grade, I had to miss performing a little play Mrs. Christe made for a funeral of my great-grandfather. It was all confusing, but bottom line, I never got to show my acting potential back then! :mad: I vowed never to go to another funeral ever since! Still, I have traveled with my family from times as such, but I will still take no part.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Uh, Colette (right?)

Yes!

, are we supposed to know better when younger? :confused:

Yup, we are supposed to know better about death.

As far as I know, back in the 2nd Grade, I had to miss performing a little play Mrs. Christe made for a funeral of my great-grandfather. It was all confusing, but bottom line, I never got to show my acting potential back then! :mad: I vowed never to go to another funeral ever since! Still, I have traveled with my family from times as such, but I will still take no part.
Thank goodness I don't have to go to a funeral yet.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Now, here's a tribute drawing that was done one day ago by Raggyrabbit94. It's titled "Jerry Nelson: A Special Part of Our Childhood".
This picture made me smile. I am so glad I grew up when Jerry was around. I mean his characters were part of our childhoods. When I watched Sesame Street, there was always the Count, Mr. Johnson the frustrated waiter, Herry Monster and they used to show the segments of Semlock Hemlock. Frazzle scared the jeepers out of me as a kid. When FR was rerunned on cable (which I used to have or on video), my mom and I would be watching Gobo Fraggle, and this whoa! To be honest, when all the time I was scared of those large mountains, I forgot that Jerry was one of those gorgs. Yikes! Majory! Yes, she was the wisdom for the Fraggles, yes. I can't believe he was gone too soon when summer has come to an end. When I finally saw the Muppet show on Youtube, there was like Floyd Pepper. I'm glad he anklin' again, but with his stepfather, Matt. (Laughs!) Crazy Harry was Jerry too? Time just keeps flying by all them time. Thank you for posting this tribute drawing. I Heart Jerry!

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
This picture made me smile. I am so glad I grew up when Jerry was around. I mean his characters were part of our childhoods. When I watched Sesame Street, there was always the Count, Mr. Johnson the frustrated waiter, Herry Monster and they used to show the segments of Semlock Hemlock. Frazzle scared the jeepers out of me as a kid. When FR was rerunned on cable (which I used to have or on video), my mom and I would be watching Gobo Fraggle, and this whoa! To be honest, when all the time I was scared of those large mountains, I forgot that Jerry was one of those gorgs. Yikes! Majory! Yes, she was the wisdom for the Fraggles, yes. I can't believe he was gone too soon when summer has come to an end. When I finally saw the Muppet show on Youtube, there was like Floyd Pepper. I'm glad he anklin' again, but with his stepfather, Matt. (Laughs!) Crazy Harry was Jertry too? Time just keeps flying by all them time. Thank you for posting this tribute drawing. I Heart Jerry!
Great to share your thoughts.