"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

SesameFever

Reaction score
It's obviously just the audio from the actual special, which is worthless unless you can't make mp3s from it yourself.
Exactly. They could have done some cleanup with the technolgy that is out today. Just a way to make more money.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Isn't it sad how this special is getting an official audio release yet there's never been an official audio release of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, The Muppets Go to the Movies, A Muppet Family Christmas (would the music rights issues affecting the video releases pertain to a commercial audio release?) or The Muppets at Walt Disney World?

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Isn't it sad how this special is getting an official audio release yet there's never been an official audio release of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas, The Muppets Go to the Movies, A Muppet Family Christmas (would the music rights issues affecting the video releases pertain to a commercial audio release?) or The Muppets at Walt Disney World?
There hasn't been an official audio release of The Christmas Toy, The Ghost of Faffner Hall, The Animal Show, The Secret Life of Toys The Wubbulous World of Dr. Suess as well.
I guess we can't request everything.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Something interesting, everybody - In addition to the single DVD and soundtrack CD releases, they're coming out with a two-disc set that includes both products (I'm guessing in a single case)

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Haha, well as SG knows, as kind of a knee-jerk response to this special's DVD release,I finally bought the Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD a few weeks ago. Best decision one could make celebrate this special coming out on DVD. :big_grin:
Well, buddy, I pre-ordered my copy today... Mwhahahaha.... It's pretty safe to say that I was right about getting this before CEoSS. :stick_out_tongue:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Don't come cryin' to us if you don't like it.
Don't worry - I've seen it a few times... It's strangely grown on me.

I plan on making a video review of the special, and I'll review the actual disc on this thread when I get it. (Knowing the place I ordered it from, that will likely be before November 6 rolls along)

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
... Because in what other Christmas specials do things come to a screeching halt for obscure celebrities to sing songs that have nothing to do with Christmas? :stick_out_tongue:
Exactly. :stick_out_tongue:

Besides, this had Ann Murray in it, and I LOVE Ann Murray! Now, if she only didn't hit first base with Big Bird, I'd probably like it a LOT more.

And I don't care what anybody says - Oscar's cover if "Yakkity Yak" is brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.