The Matt Vogel Appreciation Thread

Borples

Reaction score
Matt's incredible. I just love the work he's doing with SS and the Muppets. I'd expound on individual characters, but then I'd be here all day, because he's amazing at all of them! Also, he seems like he's having a lot of fun, which makes me happy.

I will say that he made me like a version of 'Forget You,' which I didn't think would ever happen. ;-)

I hope he gets to take on Gobo eventually; I think he'd do a great job. Wonder if there's a puppet in the works?

Hubert...you made an Uncle Deadly! Cool!

Hubert

Reaction score
Hubert...you made an Uncle Deadly! Cool!
I didn't actually. Thog and Uncle Deadly were muppetboy09's creations. I borrowed them for this post. I forgot to type that. I stink at smilie-making.

Borples

Reaction score
Hubert...you borrowed an Uncle Deadly! Cool! ;-)

Mandy The Bunny

Reaction score
I just saw Matt Vogel in pics and as the say on Animaniacs:
"HEEELLLOOOOOOOOOO NURSE!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this time, I really feel it necessary to bump this thread, because I believe that at this point in time, while we continue to mourn the loss of the late, great Jerry Nelson, Matt Vogel could also use some support from us as well.

We know what a great job he's done taking on the characters of Sergeant Floyd Pepper, Uncle Deadly, Camilla, Lew Zealand, and other of Jerry's Classic Muppets for the new movie, but now he is faced with a slightly more daunting task of taking over Count Von Count on SST... the circumstances are different now - he had previously taken on these characters because Jerry had retired, but now Jerry has retired permanently, so I'm sure there is a slight bit, or maybe even a whole lot, of pressure on Matt right now over the prospect of taking on Count.

I know that apparently Matt Tweets, well I don't Tweet, so if anyone wants to direct him to this thread, or even forward some of these messages to him, I think it may be helpful. I for one would like to say to Matt, if he should ever read this, that as a big fan of your work, an admirer of your performances, and a fellow "Puppet Geek" (as he has described himself), that I am behind you 100%; you've done Jerry's characters a lot of justice, and I have no doubts you'll continue to do so, and I'm sure Jerry will be proud of the way you will be keeping these characters that we all know and love alive for many more years to come. Hang in there Matt, we're in your corner.

Princeton

Reaction score
When I first heard his Uncle Deadley, I thought it was Dave Goelz performing him. And Re:The Count, in an era where Sesame is populated mainly by Elmo and Abby Cadabby, is taking over The Count *really* that big a deal? When Eric Jacobson took over Fozzie and Piggy, yeah, he had big shoes to fill, but it's not like The Count is a major character anymore.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I heard Matt Vogel doing The Count's laugh in the "Wing in a Sling" episode on Sesame Street after he says, "Oh, I love watching the store!"
At least, we heard a sneak peak what his new voice would sound like.

Good luck to Matt Vogel on doing The Count. :batty:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I heard Matt Vogel doing The Count's laugh in the "Wing in a Sling" episode on Sesame Street after he says, "Oh, I love watching the store!"
At least, we heard a sneak peak what his new voice would sound like.

Good luck to Matt Vogel on doing The Count. :batty:
Nope, that was definitely Jerry.

Hayley B

Reaction score
Hooray for Matt Vogel. He's been so great to follow on Twitter. I know that he works very hard for the Muppets. He is well deserved for a appreciation thread. :smile: