"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Jim Carrey does have some very funny lines, even if the jokes are sometimes generic. Other than that, I think it suffers primarily from the padded-out script. The cartoon was 30 minutes for a reason.
I agree about the padding out. Jim Carrey does do some fun things as the Grinch but they're almost always undercut by some stupid joke that was likely there to stretch things out.

But mainly I just hate that the creators completely missed (heck, ignored!) the point of the original story. That seems to be a tradition in bringing Seuss to the big screen, lol.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I watched Lorax again... I LIKED that movie?
I wouldn't worry too much about that, it seems like most people liked it. I honestly thought The Lorax was the worst Seuss film I've seen (I obviously haven't seen The Cat in the Hat). I could have done without the constant pop culture references and horrible songs, though the last one was okay. But I honestly did almost walk out of the theater during the aforementioned "How bad can I be?" song.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about that, it seems like most people liked it. I honestly thought The Lorax was the worst Seuss film I've seen (I obviously haven't seen The Cat in the Hat). I could have done without the constant pop culture references and horrible songs, though the last one was okay. But I honestly did almost walk out of the theater during the aforementioned "How bad can I be?" song.
In case you didn't get the hint, I didn't like it the second time. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I pretty much got all the Christmas DVD's I need. Other than the fact I desperately need whatever Batman TAS season set that has Christmas with the Joker. But I got my favorites, Darkwing Duck, Super Mario Super Show, Dinosaurs all in box sets. And of course the brilliant KND Christmas massacre of Marvel Comics cliches.

If there's any truth to that Earthworm Jim complete series set coming out, that's the last Christmas episode I'm looking for, and one of my favorites of all time.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's obviously just the audio from the actual special, which is worthless unless you can't make mp3s from it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.