Family Circus movie (facepalm)

Drtooth

Reaction score
News...

So... many levels of AWFUL! Bad comic strip, Walden Media is involved... ugh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I the only one in the world who actually liked the comic?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Have you seen the CN Mad spoof of Family Circus? Anyways, I don't think a movie is a great idea for them. First Charlie Brown, now Family Circus... what next? Dilbert?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How on Earth can they make a movie from a comic strip that's ONE PANEL?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This sounds like a terrible idea. I'm eagerly awaiting the movie adaptation of The Lockhorns or Cathy that will follow this.

Drtooth

Reaction score

to be fair, it was terrible first off... but he also had that lousy cartoon series as well...

And of course, he shared that series with a MUCH better cartoon based on a much better one panel strip. And that better series spawned a better known series, a Marvel Comic book, and a clipshow movie. There's supposed to be a DTV Heathcliff movie, but nothing's come of it. Frank Welker did the voice of him in that, effectively imitating Mel Blanc, if anyone's interested.

This sounds like a terrible idea. I'm eagerly awaiting the movie adaptation of The Lockhorns or Cathy that will follow this.
Cathy would be the PERFECT chick flick movie. :eek: The comic strip I'd LOVE them to make into a movie is Robotman and Monty but A) it has the potential to become a Ted knockoff and B) Jim Meddick pretty much killed Robotman off over a decade ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just had a realization. I have to requote here...

A far better example, if you ask me. They made a SHOW based on a single panel comic strip, a cartoon series, years later a movie. Then another cartoon series. Then another movie

Then ANOTHER movie...

And a TV show based on that movie.

And a musical.

Of course, that's unfair because they were all good. Well, maybe not the 60's cartoon series. Lennie Weinrib's did not do the research Gomez Addams voice ruined it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, the far awful animated version of Addamses was the 90's, in spite of having John Astin onboard as part of the voice cast.

And dunno if you heard this as well... In answer to what's next, there's apparently a Heatcliff movie coming as well. And a Yogi Bear 2.
*Loads up on stinkbomb torpedos to fire at the production company behind these rotters.