Million Puppet March for PBS November 3 in Washington

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow!!!!! So people must read what we put on here, or Disney contacted them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I just chime in that the Right Wing political cartoons against the PBS debacle are the dumbest things I've ever seen?

Translation: WAAAAA!! Da Debt.

Man, I HATE political cartoons.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I'm personally glad to see it rebranded as the Million Puppet March. I think it was exceptionally presumptuous for someone not connected to the Muppets to think they could use the brand name to draw attention to their cause.

Now, I'm not saying the cause isn't just (I've been a fan of Canadian public broadcasting for years and my sympathies lie with PBS, NPR and so forth) but, as has been made clear by several people on this thread, the Muppets - inside and outside Sesame Workshop - are an apolitical organization that would gain absolutely nothing and stand to lose a lot by aligning themselves with what is shaping up to be a bash-Romney event on the eve of an election.

I think this is somewhat symptomatic of our digital instant-gratification society. Romney says something profoundly dumb about PBS, Big Bird and Jim Lehrer in a debate, the blogosphere seizes hold of it, and hysteria ensues. Sigh...

(P.S. With the exception of his "de-baits/de-fishers" closing joke, Caroll Spinney was terrific in that VERY CAREFUL Big Bird appearance on SNL.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think this is somewhat symptomatic of our digital instant-gratification society. Romney says something profoundly dumb about PBS, Big Bird and Jim Lehrer in a debate, the blogosphere seizes hold of it, and hysteria ensues. Sigh...
The sound bite happy media is the exact reason why our political system has become crap (for lack of a better, stronger, less G rated word). We're obsesses with gaffes, misquotes, half of a quote for incrimination, and artistic license paraphrases for where we get our information. And let it be known for every Freudian slip Romney made that the Obama campaign/Democrats take into account, there's half quotes and misspeaks Obama made that Romney/Republican exploit too.

As annoying as gaffes being news is, Romney says some very disturbing things, pretends to back off on them, sort of implies he's really not backing off them, and his supporters say "Don't back down! We agree with your extreme views" (in various levels of ultra-disturbing). Seems most Dems backed off on the PBS gaffe (and they actually did a while ago), and now they're focusing on his far more disturbing comment of needing a binder to hire women and his comments on waiting to be married to have kids will solve gun violence.

In all, Obama/Democrats passive aggressively pushed a joke too far, the right even more passive aggressively pushed back (What about the Jeorrrbs and teh EE-conimies?) and this became a mess. Sesame Workshop didn't want either of that, but I still think they'd be afraid to take the side that they can benefit from due to the whole "Sesame Street is liberal brainwashing propaganda" that right wing Propagandists would usually have dig for to rationalize their tin foil hat scare tactic agendas.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Here's the Million Puppet March's March Kickoff video, for those who want to take your puppets be in the viral video as well as a funding video.

Million Puppet March - March Kickoff

Help us Fund the Million Puppet March

So please, tell as many people who use puppets that are from Pavlovs Puppets, Axtell Expressions, One Way Street/Creative Ministry Solutions, Folkmanis, Living Puppets, Puppets Inc, Diabolo Puppets, Puppet Planet, MAT Puppets, and any other kind of puppets and puppets that you made yourself to be in the viral puppet march and/or appear live on Nov. 3 in Washington D.C.