Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 43

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
OK I admit the idea of a Muppet service dog is kinda adorable, lol.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Brandeis was an excellent addition. I love how John Tartaglia put personality and humor into this character. I'm a dog lover so I loved the street story a lot. I think a lot of people that have their own service dog would like this episode, too. Plus, it's a good way to educate kids about what service dogs can do. I hope to see more of Brandeis and his new person.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked the street story. I thought John Tartagila did a good job with Brandeis. I think the British girl is adorable. The Word of the Day was cute. The new Murray tune-ins were cool. The new AFFS was good. I love that the animators are getting more loose. The new ETM was good. I loved Elmo getting annoyed at the penguin.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'm half and half so far on the People in your Neighborhood segment. It's clearly intended to replace the science based Murray tune ins from last year. But the best part of it was that it carried over to the sponsor announcement at the end. Those are getting slightly better, considering they were the same joke with a slightly varied background and redubbed numbers and letters.
I don't know about that. It seems like Murray's rap version of "People in Your Neighborhood" has really done some damage to Bob McGrath's original version. I think maybe that's something they should consider, keeping Murray for letters and numbers, but when they do "People in Your Neighborhood," I'd like to see Bob come back and host that portion of the show. It would give him more airtime. Again, just a thought.

OK I admit the idea of a Muppet service dog is kinda adorable, lol.
I liked the concept as well. I think the idea of teaching about service dogs is good for children. I'm a dog lover too and I have recently learned about service dogs. In fact my aunt sent me a CD one time that told a story about a lady and how her service dogs helped her.

I must admit though, I had Linda and Barkley in mind though. Even though Barkley wasn't really a service dog, he did help Linda at times since he could hear and she couldn't. I know Linda's not on the show anymore, but it would have been nice to have a mention of that.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Oscarfan, are you still getting files of the new episodes? It'd be great for Muppet Wiki, cause then we'd have guides for all the episodes this season unlike last season.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oscarfan, are you still getting files of the new episodes? It'd be great for Muppet Wiki, cause then we'd have guides for all the episodes this season unlike last season.
Again, you should be more understanding, somethings people can't help. Last season, someone was putting the eps. on a torrent site and they we're going post most of the second half, but they hadn't gotten around to it. Soon after they said so, the site went down and hasn't been up since. I haven't gotten the latest episode yet, but I'm hoping Philip will send it and I'm patient until then; I'm not in a rush or anything.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Again, you should be more understanding, somethings people can't help. Last season, someone was putting the eps. on a torrent site and they we're going post most of the second half, but they hadn't gotten around to it. Soon after they said so, the site went down and hasn't been up since. I haven't gotten the latest episode yet, but I'm hoping Philip will send it and I'm patient until then; I'm not in a rush or anything.
Okay. I understand perfectly.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
SS.org's section of ETM has paper dolls of his outfits based on the segments. New ones are "unlocked" as each segment debuts. So based off that, here's what the ETM airings seem to be for the rest of this half of the season:
  • 4308 - Circus the Musical
  • 4311 - President the Musical
  • 4313 - Cowboy the Musical (I haven't found a source for a Cowboy segment, but a Cowboy costume is what's unlocked that day)
EDIT: I'm watching the Brandeis ep. now and I wonder with John T. felt a similarity to Princeton when filming this episode.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The next episode is on tomorrow for some reason (I double checked the WGBH schedule). I have to ask. This episode was filmed during the season 41. Was there a specific reason why this was held over for 2 years? Was it because of one of the initiative videos was fashioned into an episode or something?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new episode of Sesame Street for Thursday October 18...

4308: Don't Wake the Baby

Elmo and Telly try to keep Sesame Street quiet so that Leela's baby niece Nila can sleep.