BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The way you guys talk about me and my technological problems, be glad I don't have a blackberry, or any of those things... my sister gave one to my mom because her previous cell phone wasn't working too well anymore, and when I accompanied her to the AT&T shop yesterday to purchase the proper charger, among other things, I bout near had a personal Heroic BSOD when the representative explain how certain things work to my mom, in addition to the fact that the online operation manual for the thing is the equilivant of a 500-page document and everything (and if you think MY brain exploded, my mom's not even technology savvy... yet she somehow figured out how to work Facebook, and I never could).

Makes me glad I'm sticking with my current phone: sure it's a few years old, but it still works well, so why get rid of a muffler just because it backfires once in a while? Besides, I rarely use any kind of phone anyway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I still have a dumbphone myself :stick_out_tongue:

It's a pantech...something...it's got a sliding sideways keyboard and touch screen, but that's about as advanced as it gets. I just don't see paying the crazy price and stupid data fee to own a smartphone that I won't even use that much

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly... I hardly ever use my cell phone for talking to people... why do I want to throw my money away on a complicated little device, just because it can take pictures, take videos, play games, and has internet access? If I want to take pictures, I'll use my digital camera; if I want to take videos, I can use my camera for that too; if I want to play games, I'll get out my old GBA (remember those? I'm not much of a gamer, but I do have a few games for that version of GameBoy... I wish I still had my old original NES though, because I still have my old Super Mario Bros. cartridge, and nothign to play it on); and if I want to get on the internet, I got a freakin' computer for that!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Asking a gamer if they remember GBAs is almost an insult :stick_out_tongue:

I mean, I have internet on my phone, but its still unlimited. Smart phone data fees are higher and have pitiful bandwidth limits and the kicker...they are mandatory, regardless of whether you intend to use wifi (which is only as limited as what your home internet bandwidth is, or totally unlimited if you mooch off a public hotspot), or the 3G, which is what you pay for. So if you are just going to use wifi, it's stupid to pay the data fee for 3G bandwidth that you will never use.