My Fraggles... Let Me Show You Them.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Your Boober's pretty groovy :smile: I'm guessing his arms have some wires in them?? If so, that's pretty nifty!

Well what I did for Red's middle was just used the plain ol' fleece as the "base" of sorts, and then I put some fluffy yellow fabric over it, like a dress. Then I put stuffing in between the two fabrics and sewed it up. It's definitely not how the real puppets worked, I'm about positive (they had removable slipcovers as abdomens, right?), but the people who've seen her really like how it looks!

Rymoore21

Reaction score
I personally use sheet foam and fleece for abdomens. No wires in boober; just used pins for posing.

lifelongfan

Reaction score
You can get long fur the exact color you want by using long pile white fur and watering down the right shade of acrylic paint then painting the back of the fur and squeezing it through you have to brush alot and the fur is a little stiff but if you really want a certain color like a shade darker than the skin it does work.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
You can get long fur the exact color you want by using long pile white fur and watering down the right shade of acrylic paint then painting the back of the fur and squeezing it through you have to brush alot and the fur is a little stiff but if you really want a certain color like a shade darker than the skin it does work.
Nice tip! Especially for Fraggle fur, stiffness wouldn't really be an issue. Adds some real texture, I bet. Wouldn't the acrylic paint easily bleed onto things, though? That's often been my experience around it. Especially tricky if, heaven forbid, water ever gets involved. Yeesh :concern:

lifelongfan

Reaction score
You need to paint the fur before you sew it. Use a big trash bag and keep it away from everything. Once it drys it is permant. Just remember to paint it from the back and use alot of water. You can do the front but then it's way to stiff to sew especially if you use a machine.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Woo! Hi again!

Remembered lifelongfan's request to see the full bodies of my Fraggles, and while Red's currently not around, I have nearly completed Boober and took some snazzy shots of him! I'll get around to Red when I return to my own house (at the folks' for the holidays)
http://fav.me/d5pe2ha
http://fav.me/d5pe2we
http://fav.me/d5pe3kw (that last one's fer the pudge :wink:)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Plaid! The Boober Fraggle puppet you made was absolutely perfect and I am so glad you are working on his personalirty. I will be honest that there is more fandom to Muppets than Fraggle Rock in general.