Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I would have figured it was for the actual film footage used, unless that is public domain. I never thought of the celebrity pictures being an issue.
I thought that was just stock footage that was public domain.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought I read that it was from a traffic film that appeared on the show (one that actually appeared in episode 131 without being removed from the DVD).

Foodie

Reaction score
Well, the guides on MW are from the Noggin airings, so the only thing that's off about them is the segments cut from Noggin's airings; the episodes should be uncut on this DVD.
Hmmm... there wouldn't happen to be somewhere on line that would have the non-Noggin version episode listings would there? :smirk:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hmmm... there wouldn't happen to be somewhere on line that would have the non-Noggin version episode listings would there? :smirk:
Not until November 6 (unless somebody here or at toughpigs happens to get a copy early).

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Man, you Sesame Street fans are lucky! Hardly ANY Barney content from before 1999 (And for the most part, 2002) is even on DVD. Meanwhile, you guys get whole sets of classic material... :frown:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Man, you Sesame Street fans are lucky! Hardly ANY Barney content from before 1999 (And for the most part, 2002) is even on DVD. Meanwhile, you guys get whole sets of classic material... :frown:
Well, let's look at it like this: Sesame Street's been on much longer and has a much larger fan base. There's a lot more nostalgic content to be mined from it.

There's just a bigger market for classic Sesame than classic Barney.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Well, let's look at it like this: Sesame Street's been on much longer and has a much larger fan base. There's a lot more nostalgic content to be mined from it.

There's just a bigger market for classic Sesame than classic Barney.
Naturally - I understand that.

But I don't understand why they can't release older videos as regular Barney DVDs. I'm not asking for season sets or anything, I just don't want to have to rely on VHS tapes so much.

And just for the record, next year is Barney's 25th year in buisness - That's not to be ignored. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.