Pre-Order Sesame Street Old School Volume 3 (1979-1984) coming to DVD 11/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, can't believe I made the same basic mistake twice in one post (referring to episodes 1079 and 1082 with "19" as the first two digits).

I've been thinking about that group shot of characters introduced in season 12 (Elmo, Telly, Dr. Nobel Price, Countess and her dog, Honkers, Warren Wolf, Deena and Pearl), and I've been thinking that'd be a good picture to include in either the inside cover images, booklet, or menus (or maybe on the back packaging, but only if all those characters actually appear in the DVDs themselves... The booklet and menus on the other sets did include pictures of characters not on those sets but those aren't outside packaging images).

Has there been any official confirmation on whether this set will have two or three discs? I'd expect three, but you never know. Three-disc sets don't seem as common as they used to be.

Foodie

Reaction score
Hi again,
Okay, so I checked out the Sesame Street episodes for Old School vol. 3 on Muppet Wiki and, it gave a list of all the stuff that's in each episode. Does anyone know if the entries there are thorough? :smirk:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Hi again,
Okay, so I checked out the Sesame Street episodes for Old School vol. 3 on Muppet Wiki and, it gave a list of all the stuff that's in each episode. Does anyone know if the entries there are thorough? :smirk:
Do you mean the episodes and their segments themselves or what's going to be on the DVD?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I guess I meant the segments on each episode included on the DVD set. :smirk:
Well, the guides on MW are from the Noggin airings, so the only thing that's off about them is the segments cut from Noggin's airings; the episodes should be uncut on this DVD.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
Well, the guides on MW are from the Noggin airings, so the only thing that's off about them is the segments cut from Noggin's airings; the episodes should be uncut on this DVD.
Yeah! Like the Old School Vols. 1 and 2 DVD sets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only thing I would expect to be cut would be a rendition of "Happy Birthday" from the Puerto Rico trip, but somebody a few posts back said it shouldn't be a problem because it's not sung in english.

And there have been scenes cut that have been a mystery as to why. I can't figure out why "Dialing for Prizes" was cut from episode 666, or why Big Bird and Crystal playing store was cut from episode 536 (I assumed it was because of the kid, but then she also appeared in other scenes in that same episode and they weren't cut).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The only thing I would expect to be cut would be a rendition of "Happy Birthday" from the Puerto Rico trip, but somebody a few posts back said it shouldn't be a problem because it's not sung in english.

And there have been scenes cut that have been a mystery as to why. I can't figure out why "Dialing for Prizes" was cut from episode 666, or why Big Bird and Crystal playing store was cut from episode 536 (I assumed it was because of the kid, but then she also appeared in other scenes in that same episode and they weren't cut).
I think the Dialing for Prizes segment was cut because of the celebrity pictures on Guy's wall; maybe they had to pay for their likenesses.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I think the Dialing for Prizes segment was cut because of the celebrity pictures on Guy's wall; maybe they had to pay for their likenesses.
I would have figured it was for the actual film footage used, unless that is public domain. I never thought of the celebrity pictures being an issue.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was cheaper than blurring them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.